The simFlight Network Forums

Latest version of FSUIPC

Pete,

Thanks for solving all my problems with throttle, flap and spoilers in a fell swoop!

I'm sure I still have a lot to learn, but installing the latest version today cured 99% of my previous problems.

Q? Can you suggest a way I can organise my folders on different PCs to make the update process easier? I am running all PM programmes on 5 PCs, but I am a bit disorganised with pc names and folders, as I started bit by bit, and never really sorted out the best scheme.

Thanks for your help, and brilliant programmes!

http://www.paulsflightsim.com

I'm sure I still have a lot to learn, but installing the latest version today cured 99% of my previous problems.

Which "latest version" is that, I wonder? There's 3.60 which is the current user release, and there's a later one available up in the "interim versions" announcement above.

Q? Can you suggest a way I can organise my folders on different PCs to make the update process easier? I am running all PM programmes on 5 PCs, but I am a bit disorganised with pc names and folders, as I started bit by bit, and never really sorted out the best scheme.

I'm not the best person to ask, my systems are all a complete mess. My good friend Eric from PFC was over here these last few days and he kindly installed and configured PM's "PMstartup" program for me. Maybe you should investigate that? It obeys a script to copy files before starting each PM component. It's in the Intermediate Builds part of the PM updates site.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

Sorry I should have been more specific - I mean FSUIPC 3.617, which has allowed me to finally configure my throttles etc, based on the CH Quad, plus a steering tiller, from the CH Yoke.

I thought I saw something like PMStarup, but cant find it on the site. I guess the best bet is to reorganise all my files to have a WideFS folder, in one placeon each machine, rather than at present, where they are all over the place, including lots of things from the zip file which I don't need. but didn't realise at the time.

My problem at the moment (this is for interest, rather than concern) is that I have an ERJ 145 sim, and am using PM Boeing CDU, MCP plus RJGC. and in the absence of a PM ERJ, am adapting from one to the other - i.e. I have a 5 pos flap lever, with real detents, but to make the PM software work better, am flying a 737 400, so FSUIPC correctly tells me I have 9 positions. hence, my flap lever doesn't work properly.

I am sure will work it out, so in the meantime, thanks again for the help to get me to where I am.

Regards,