The simFlight Network Forums

Voice Activated PM Commands?

Hi Pete,

Quick question....

I'm using a voice recognition software. I run it on my FS2004 server so I can use it to control ATC commands. Now if I wanted to be able to say "LNAV" for example, and have it activate the LNAV pushbutton on my PM MCP client, I suppose I have to assign a key in FSUIPC, and link that to the PM MCP LNAV function. Then go into my voice program and make the voice command trigger that key assignment.

Is there any more direct way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a voice recognition software. I run it on my FS2004 server so I can use it to control ATC commands. Now if I wanted to be able to say "LNAV" for example, and have it activate the LNAV pushbutton on my PM MCP client, I suppose I have to assign a key in FSUIPC, and link that to the PM MCP LNAV function. Then go into my voice program and make the voice command trigger that key assignment.

Is there any more direct way of doing this?

Well, of course. You could put the microphone and the recognition software on the MCP client and use PM's keystrokes instead, provided the MCP has the keybopard focus.

Otherwise, only by asking Enrico to add voice recognition to his programs. ;-)

Which aircraft are you simulating trhat has voice activated controls, by the way? Or are you just simulating a CoPilot?

Regards

Pete