The simFlight Network Forums

FsuIPC and FS2004 Stratus Cloud

Hi,

I am a FS2004 developer using FSUIPC to position a multi view window for a flight simulator we're currently developing (an augusta A109 helicopter). Thanks to FSUIPC we can send to each graphics computer a lat/lng etc computed by our main sim engine to any number of instances of Fs2004 to render the visual world. That's all we need FS2004 for. However we have a requirement to have a solid cloud layer with variable base and height.

After initialy using the interface provided by FSUIPC and also manualy fidling with FS2004 I still can't seem to get a solid

(nimbo)stratus cloud base. Can FS2004 render this type of cloud and if so can it be changed/moved using FSUIPC.

One more question can FSUIPC be used to move any of FS2004 models , for example a truck on an airfield (or a cloud base if needs be).

Does FS2004 provide the capabilty to do this sort of think.

Regards Pete.

After initialy using the interface provided by FSUIPC and also manualy fidling with FS2004 I still can't seem to get a solid

(nimbo)stratus cloud base. Can FS2004 render this type of cloud and if so can it be changed/moved using FSUIPC.

There seems to be quite some difficulty with FS2004 overcast. I think the better weather programs like ActiveSky get around this by using more than one layer.

FSUIPC can set weather at weather stations, and you can select stratus. But you have no direct control of the rendered graphics, and they are moved by the wind not by any "cloud flight controls". Sorry.

One more question can FSUIPC be used to move any of FS2004 models , for example a truck on an airfield (or a cloud base if needs be).

Does FS2004 provide the capabilty to do this sort of think.

Not FSUIPC and not, I think FS directly, except via multiplayer,, but that's for "aircraft" not clouds.

Regards

Pete