The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc CLR function for Garmin, and KTEX ILS problem

Greetings,

Questions please:

#1 How to you use fsuipc to do the CLEAR function for the Garmin GPS in FS2004? I can find it in the list, but after assigning it, it won't clear the gps screen, even though I use the repeat command function?

#2 Is there a fix for the ILS shack being in the middle of runway 9 at KTEX, Telluride, USA?

Thank you, gentlemen

#1 How to you use fsuipc to do the CLEAR function for the Garmin GPS in FS2004? I can find it in the list, but after assigning it, it won't clear the gps screen, even though I use the repeat command function?

This is for one of the default FS GPS gauges, I assume? If so, then I suspect many of the GPS controls Microsoft list aren't actually connected internally. Is there a keyboard command assignable to it in FS itself? If not it is possible that it's still a Mouse-only facility.

The controls listed by FSUIPC are taken from a table in FS's CONTROLS.DLL, in an attempt to allow all those assigned by Microsoft to be listed correctly in each FS version, without my having to provide hand-made lists. Unfortunately, in every version of FS so far, the Controls they've listed have always been in excess of those actually supported by code -- I think they miss a cut-off date or something.

#2 Is there a fix for the ILS shack being in the middle of runway 9 at KTEX, Telluride, USA?

I suppose you'd need new scenery for that. Sorry, it isn't my subject. You can't just move things about, they are defined in the scenery BGLs.

Regards,

Pete

Hi,

the GPS controls actually work. I have programmed the buttons on the PFC digital avionics to completely operate the standard FS GPS via FSUIPC.

There are three controls for the clear button:GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON,

GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_DOWN and GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_UP.

I used the last two and programmed GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_DOWN on the press of the button and GPS_CLEAR_BUTTON_UP on the release. Works the same as clicking on the clear button on screen.

Regards,

Frank