The simFlight Network Forums

Using second joystick with 3.60

Using FSUIPC 3.60 for a while and using it to program axes and buttons for my CH USB Yoke and Pedals with no problems. When I disconnect the Flight Sim Yoke from its slot and plug in my Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick, I only get rudder input from the pedals and nothing but throttle from the Joystick. I try to calibrate and assign axes with FSUIPC and it doesn't seem to recognize that the joystick is plugged in, I get no change in the parameters for ailerons or elevator, just throttle. If I unplug it and replug in the Yoke, everything works. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Using FSUIPC 3.60 for a while and using it to program axes and buttons for my CH USB Yoke and Pedals with no problems. When I disconnect the Flight Sim Yoke from its slot and plug in my Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick, I only get rudder input from the pedals and nothing but throttle from the Joystick. I try to calibrate and assign axes with FSUIPC and it doesn't seem to recognize that the joystick is plugged in, I get no change in the parameters for ailerons or elevator, just throttle. If I unplug it and replug in the Yoke, everything works. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry, but the current version is 3.65. Please try that first.

Does FS recognise things? Are you using FSUIPC's Axes assignments, or do you simply mean the FSUIPC calibrations? The latter depend upon FS.

Unplugging and replugging USB devices can cause problems with FS, I know. Why not leave them both connected? Do you only have one USB socket?

Pete

Unfortunately ran out of sockets! FS doesn't recognize it either though it does show up as a controller under Control Panel/Game Controllers. I haven't used the joystick in a while and it used to work in the Yoke socket but I have long forgotten the setup scenarios and it was at least last year. Will fool around with it. I remember reading somewhere that sometimes once a HID is assigned to a socket it doesn't like anything else in there.

I did try using the FSUIPC axes assignments and ticked to use FSUIPC to calibrate but no luck. Thanks.