The simFlight Network Forums

Dual FSUIPC Error

I have been getting an error the last few days where it states that I have two copies of FSUIPC in my Modules folder. This happens when I start up the simulator. After recieving the message, the sim shuts down. Every time I have gone in and looked and only see one FSUIPC.dll. I am currently running version 3.5.3.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Eric

I have been getting an error the last few days where it states that I have two copies of FSUIPC in my Modules folder. This happens when I start up the simulator. After recieving the message, the sim shuts down. Every time I have gone in and looked and only see one FSUIPC.dll. I am currently running version 3.5.3.0.

Yes, assuming you've not actually got a second copy of FSUIPC (renamed perhaps) in the Modules or the main FS folders, it sounds like something you've installed into FS is not terminating correctly. There will be a copy of FS9.EXE (with all its modules including FSUIPC) still running on your PC from the previous time you ran it -- the window etc has closed, but FS has not terminated because something is running a separate thread which isn't terminating.

Check by using CTRL_ALT_DEL and looking through the Process list -- you'll probably find FS9.EXE there. Terminate it using the button at bottom right, then I think you'll find FS loads okay.

Assuming this is what is occurring you'll need to find the culprit. I know early FS2004 versions of Active Camera could do that, but that was fixed long ago.

Please note that version 3.53 of FSUIPC is over six months old now and not supported. The current version is 3.65.

Regards,

Pete