The simFlight Network Forums

Active Sky disabled?

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure but it seems that since I registered FSUIPC active sky doesn't connect with FS anymore. But I´m a newbie with FSUIPC and don´t even understand the 3 buttons on the first page, normal defaults, clear all weather and weather settings off :oops: I must say I´m a bit overwhelmed with all the possibillyties of FSUIPC and don´t have a clue where to begin. I only registered because the middle lever of my CH yoke gave the right values in FS but the lever in the game wouldn´t go up all the way! Nothing changed in values after registring but now my lever works ok. Don´t have a clue how this is possible.

I hope the active sky problem is known to you, I´ve removed and installed it again but that makes no difference neither does loading flightplans.

Thanks and sorry I do not have much knowledge of your progam yet.

Greetings Michiel

I'm not sure but it seems that since I registered FSUIPC active sky doesn't connect with FS anymore.

It sounds like either you are using a bad (pirated) key for FSUIPC, or you are using a version of FSUIPC before 3.53 with a Key purchased in 2006. These are the only two known possible reasons for an application to work without registration but not with.

But I´m a newbie with FSUIPC and don´t even understand the 3 buttons on the first page, normal defaults, clear all weather and weather settings off :oops: I must say I´m a bit overwhelmed with all the possibillyties of FSUIPC and don´t have a clue where to begin.

Best to leave it alone then. I'm sure ActiveSky can manage very well in any case ;-)

Regards,

Pete

Thats very quick. no I dont have a pirated version otherwise I wouldn"t dare writing you, I've bought it 2 wks ago on simmarket but I see now its the 3.50 version! How do I upgrade this then? and would this be causing the proble with active sky?

Thats very quick. no I dont have a pirated version otherwise I wouldn"t dare writing you, I've bought it 2 wks ago on simmarket but I see now its the 3.50 version! How do I upgrade this then? and would this be causing the proble with active sky?

The current version is 3.65 and, as always, is available at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson, along with all my othe FS software (for seven years now). I'm sure it tells you this on the SimMarket sales page!

Regards,

Pete

I've read somewhere else on this side about the FSUIPC.dll that I have to replace out of a zipfile. but I only recieved a key from simmarket not a zipfile! I'm in the dark here

As it says on SimMarket, get the software from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson. The ZIP file includes full documentation and other goodies.

Pete

Aha, thanks Peter I guess that will solve the problem! :D And to JSkoran, thanks also but asv didn't recognize that fs was running period, I could get a report manually from any location. I think Peter's solution will work. I'll let you know!

Thanks again Michiel

Hi Pete,

Great, :roll: now I've got terrible weather again, I was allmost getting used of flying with clear skies all the time. Now its just like the old day's every where I go it doesn't rain it poors! Thanks :? as soon as I upgraded FSUIPC, active sky kicked in again.

Yours sincerely,

Michiel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I also am having problems using ActiveSky with FSUIPC. I do have a valid legal version of fsuipc, and have upgraded to 3.65. Howsomedever, if I use my licence key, it doesn't work. If I don't, it does.

Have I got a bad key?

Cheers

Mike Wilson

sp762(at)bigpond.net.au

I also am having problems using ActiveSky with FSUIPC. I do have a valid legal version of fsuipc, and have upgraded to 3.65. Howsomedever, if I use my licence key, it doesn't work. If I don't, it does.

Have I got a bad key?

It most certainly sounds like it, yes. If you want me to check, try again, be sure to close FS after the error, then Zip up the FSUIPC.LOG and FSUIPC.KEY files from your FS Modules folder and send to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete

Have I got a bad key?

I just received the Log and the Key file, thanks.

Now, see this clearly shown in the log?

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.50 by Pete Dowson *********

The Key is good, but it was purchased in 2006 and you are still using a very old FSUIPC 3.50. It was made perfectly clear in the notification you received with the Key, AND in the top announcement in this Forum, that you need AT LEAST 3.53.

The current version is 3.65. Please just update your copy. Old versions are not supported in any case.

You can always EASILY find the version number of your FSUIPC, by any of these methods:

1) Right click on the FSUIPC.DLL itself, select proprties then Version.

2) Run FS and look at the FSUIPC options. The first page which appears shows the version number.

3) Look in the last FSUIPC LOG file generated by FSUIPC. The version number is on the first line, as above.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Mike,

Your wrote me that you were using V3.6. I know this wasn't the latest version, but it would have given me a clue to the problem! If it was from the AS download, remember that we can't always include the latest version. Or possibly something else switched things and that is not good!!

Edit: Pete, thanks for looking into this!