The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 recently started CTD just after loading up a flight

I've been able to start FS9, and as long as I don't change anything in the "create a flight" screen, it loads up. Then within 2 seconds FS9 freezes and crashes to desktop.

I looked at the FSUIPC log and here's what i have:

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.65 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FS2004(original release)

User Name="Joseph Kennebeck"

User Addr="jkennebeck@earthlink.net"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=4000B62F[4000B62F]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=15

1297 System time = 18:54:22

1297 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

1297 System time = 18:54:22, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

41047 C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph Kennebeck\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files\ASA current location.flt

41156 AIRCRAFT\ASA MD83\Super83.air

41484 Aircraft="Atlantic Sun Airways MD-83"

42516 Module [M1] identified = "ILH_TCAS2.GAU"

42516 Module [M1] "ILH_TCAS.gau" access registration is invalid

44234 Module [M2] identified = "sbmpjoin9.dll"

44234 Module [M2] "sbmpjoin9.dll" access registration is okay

49172 Module [M3] identified = "sbmod9.dll"

49188 Module [M3] "sbmod9.dll" access registration is okay

49188 Module [M4] identified = "sbtrans9.dll"

49188 Module [M4] "sbtrans9.dll" access registration is okay

90766 AIRCRAFT\ASA B717\SGA MD95.air

91094 Aircraft="Atlantic Sun Airways McDonnell-Douglas MD95"

Any help would be appreciated!

I've been able to start FS9, and as long as I don't change anything in the "create a flight" screen, it loads up. Then within 2 seconds FS9 freezes and crashes to desktop.

I looked at the FSUIPC log and here's what i have:

Not sure why you are referring to FSUIPC here. It sounds like you have a corrupt aircraft or flight file. Try deleting your FS9.CFG file and letting FS build another (save a copy of the orginal if you wish).

There's nothing happening here relating to FSUIPC, though it seems odd that it shows FS running happily for at least 90 seconds whilst you mention only 2?

BTW I would strongly advise you to upgrade to FS9.1 in any case -- the improvements Microaoft incorporated in its update for FS2004 cured a large number of CTD problems. Yours might be one such! Also I suspect there are a lot of add-on packages now which may well be incompatible with the original release.

Regards,

Pete

Not trying to be a busy-body, but could this be the problem?:

42516 Module [M1] identified = "ILH_TCAS2.GAU"

42516 Module [M1] "ILH_TCAS.gau" access registration is invalid

No, for two reasons. First these log entries are only there for information -- the User registration here is fine. FSUIPC will not be adversely affecting that gauge's operation.

Second, as far as I'm aware all Lee Hetherington gauges are well behaved whether they get access or not.

Certainly it would be more efficient for the renamed gauge ILH_TCAS2.GAU to be changed back to its correct registered name ILH_TCAS.GAU, as this would stop FSUIPC wasting time searching through memory for the incorrect module, but with a user registered FSUIPC it really makes only that smidgeon of difference each time such an aircraft is loaded.

Regards,

Pete

Try deleting your FS9.CFG file and letting FS build another (save a copy of the orginal if you wish).

BTW I would strongly advise you to upgrade to FS9.1 in any case -- the improvements Microaoft incorporated in its update for FS2004 cured a large number of CTD problems. Yours might be one such! Also I suspect there are a lot of add-on packages now which may well be incompatible with the original release.

Regards,

Pete

thanks Pete, deleting the fs9.cfg seemed to work. The crashes are definitely being caused by the MD83 panel, not sure why, will check into that later. Also will do the upgrade tonight. Thanks again for your great work on FSUIPC!