The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Problems

Hey. I installed Squawkbox 3 today and now my throttle on my Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback is acting strange. When I close the throttle on the sidewinder all the way, it doesn't close all the way in the plane. The same thing happens with opening the throttle....it doesn't open all the way. I tried a couple different planes and they're all acting the same. The only way I can get the throttle to open or close all the way is to use the keyboard after using the sidewinder. Anyone have any idea whats wrong? Thanks.

Hey. I installed Squawkbox 3 today and now my throttle on my Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback is acting strange. When I close the throttle on the sidewinder all the way, it doesn't close all the way in the plane. The same thing happens with opening the throttle....it doesn't open all the way. I tried a couple different planes and they're all acting the same. The only way I can get the throttle to open or close all the way is to use the keyboard after using the sidewinder. Anyone have any idea whats wrong? Thanks.

It won't be anything to do with Squawkbox. Sounds like you need to calibrate your throttle.

Pete

It worked fine before yesterday and the only thing I did differently yesterday was install squawkbox. I calibrated my joystick and it works fine in the calibration wizard. Once I get into flight sim thats when its off.

Check the sensitivities and null zone in FS. The sensitivity slider should be at or near max (full right) and the null zone slider \ero, full left.

Really, unless you've gone into FSUIPC options and tried calibrating it there it isn't anything to do with any of my software nor Squawkbox. I'm not sure why you are asking here?

Regards,

Pete