The simFlight Network Forums

Where can I find older versions of FSUIPC?

I have bought FSHotSFX, mainly for the improved AI traffic sounds. It seems that they are having troubles with the software, in that reverser sounds will not work with anything above FSUIPC 3.40. Until they fix this issue, is it possible for me to download a copy of v3.40 from somewhere?

Thanks

I have bought FSHotSFX, mainly for the improved AI traffic sounds. It seems that they are having troubles with the software, in that reverser sounds will not work with anything above FSUIPC 3.40.

The only reason that could be is that their users (including you?) are using pirated keys. The only change after 3.40 was better checks against fraudulent keys. If you have registered FSUIPC and you think you paid for it and have a genuine key, AND you are not using a version of FSUIPC older than 3.53, let me know and we'll sort it out.

Otherwise, just delete your FSUIPC.KEY file and try again with version 3.70. If the authors of FSHotSFX think there is a problem after 3.40, why is it they've never ever written to me to sort it out? 3.40 was replaced 21 months ago! I'm sure that if they'd had problems for the last 21 months someone would have contacted me. :x

In fact, I know for sure that it works properly with later releases, because when I changed the classification of landing AI traffic in 3.45 it affected the reverse sounds that program produced, and I changed it again for the program immediately after (by 3.47 for sure), and it worked fine again.

Pete

Hi Peter. No, I use an unregistered version (as I haven't really wanted most of the functions that the registered version makes possible). Rest assured I wouldn't use a pirated key!! A good number of us are still honest! :-)

FSHotSFX still say that versions of FSUPIC over 3.40 cause problems with the the reverser engine noises. On the other hand, although I like the programme for the great AI traffic sounds (a HUGE improvement over the default), the support for the product seems almost non-existent as far as I can see.. Here is the URL to the page mentioning FSUIPC, if you didn't see it - right at the top under 'current issues:

http://www.fshotseat.com/

Thanks,

Martin

.... all of which means, I should have made clear, I will happily continue with 3.7 of course. The notice re. reverser problems on their website is probably old and hasn't been changed (?). They certainly ignore their support forum almost completely ...

Oh, right -- so it isn't that you've been USING it and had problems, you thought you were taking precautions because of some out of date information?

Sorry to have misunderstood then. Good flying!

Pete