The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with my Pedals

Hey there,

I am using the CH Pro Pedals - everything worked fine so far. A few days ago I deleted my old fs9.cfg and made FS9 create a new one, like I did a few times before without experiencing problems. The FS recognized my pedals and assigned everything: The rudder, left and right brake.

Now my problem: Although I configured the brakes via FSUIPC like a thousand times before there's a new problem:

pedalprob1js2.gif

That's FSUIPC. Currently I am not touching the pedals, everything's normal so far.

pedalprob2lr9.gifpedalprob4ny0.gif

Now I am giving full braking action to the left respectively to the right brake.

pedalprob3cj2.gif

Now the first weird thing - I have my foot on the left brake and give some rudder to the right, which means that the left pedal is pulled into my direction. Now there are two values of -116 in the left brakes options.

pedalprob5zi4.gif

Same here with the right one. The foot is on the brake and now I give rudder to the left, again pulling the right pedal into my direction.

pedalprob6pm6.gif

Now I configured the brakes like this and stopped touching them.

It should work now, no ? But it doesn't.

If I don't touch the brakes, nothing happens. Unfortunateley the pedals are also supposed to work as rudders, so I need them very frequently ;)

The weird thing is, that when I have both feet standing completely on the rudders, there's braking action, even if I only use the rudders. I configured via FSUIPC, that braking action shall only get active from 80 to 115. It could be possible that there's a loose connection, but I experience this problem since I use the new fs9.cfg. Furthermore, as said above, it has not been the first time that I made an fs9.cfg reset...

pedalprob7vn8.gif

That's what's going on my nerves ;)

Is this my fault, if yes, what's my fault ?

Thanks in advance

Max

Hey there

Hmmm. That's not a very encouraging start, now, is it? I'm Pete, okay?

I am using the CH Pro Pedals

Seems everyone with CH pedals has problems with them. Sorry, I have read your message in details and I have absolutely no idea what is going on. You need to get them working in FS first, which plainly they are not. I really think you need to talk to CH or someone who understands their pedals -- try Bob "Sticky" Church at http://www.ch-hangar.com

Regards

Pete

Hmmm. That's not a very encouraging start, now, is it? I'm Pete, okay?

Okay, hello Pete (I thought there were other people around in the forum :oops: :wink: )

Regarding my Problem I didn't really know who to contact and as the pedals worked properly a few days ago it might have been possible that it's a FS-Problem which can be solved by FSUIPC.

I will contact Bob at CHPro.

Greetings

I didn't really know who to contact and as the pedals worked properly a few days ago it might have been possible that it's a FS-Problem which can be solved by FSUIPC.

Well, unless it was due to something you changed in FS or FSUIPC, I can't see how it could be anything else but a hardware problem. Maybe something's gone awry in the pedals themselves, or the connection via USB?

Software doesn't normally suddenly change of its own volition. If it worked yesterday and isn't changed it should work today.

Regards,

Pete