The simFlight Network Forums

FSX XIPC or FSUIPC

Hello folks

I downloaded a demo version of FSX an noticed that there is a XIPC.DLL not shure what it is but by the name it sounds like FSUIPC, will MS have it's own interprocess API?, and if so is it derived or compatible from Mr Dowson FSUIPC? Also I tried to install FSUIPC on that demo and it was ignored, of course I know it is a demo and may not have all functionality working.

All this is just conjectures but I would be more clear on this.

Regards

I downloaded a demo version of FSX an noticed that there is a XIPC.DLL not shure what it is but by the name it sounds like FSUIPC

There is an "XUIPC" but I've no idea what it does.

will MS have it's own interprocess API?

There's an application interface called "SimConnect".. the new FSUIPC4 for FSX uses it. It has saved me a lot of work, I can tell you! If it hadn't been for this the FSX version of FSUIPC would not have been ready till next year sometime!

Also I tried to install FSUIPC on that demo and it was ignored

Hmmm... Where on Earth did you try to install it?

There's no way the Demo supports any add-on applications.

Please see the announcement at the top of this Forum. I supplied a version of FSUIPC4 and some information about all this here last Monday. I will be releasing an updated version of FSUIPC4 tomorrow (Saturday). All this is for the BETA, not for the DEMO. You cannot do much with the Demo, sorry.

Regards,

Pete

There is an "XUIPC" but I've no idea what it does.

Sorry I misspelled it

Also I tried to install FSUIPC on that demo and it was ignored

Hmmm... Where on Earth did you try to install it?

Another mistake I have readed now you announcement at the top, so as I understand FSUIPC will continue providing us the same way of conectivity to FS xyz

Regards

Rafael