The simFlight Network Forums

Need Offset for "TAILHOOK UP/DOWN" command

Hi all,

The FFX 737 series has retractable outboard landing lights by using the tailhook command in FS2002. I need to wire up my real landing light switches and would like to incorporate this. Any info on known offset or ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi all,

The FFX 737 series has retractable outboard landing lights by using the tailhook command in FS2002. I need to wire up my real landing light switches and would like to incorporate this. Any info on known offset or ideas would be great.

I'd actually never even heard of a Tailhook command till seeing your message, but looking in my list of FS2002 controls I see just the one, listed as:

TOGGLE_TAIL_HOOK_HANDLE 66391

At present I have absolutely no idea where this might dwell inside FS, but you could use it via the FSUIPC facility to send any controls to FS -- see offset 3110 in the Programmer's Guide.

[later]

Just glancing briefly through some of my decodes of FS innards I do see a variable called TAILHOOK POSITION, and in fact I do know (now) where to access this, so in fact I could probably map this to a new offset for you to read and write a setting, rather than simply toggling it.

However, there's really no way I can divert myself from work on FS2004 at present. If using the TOGGLE control is not adequate for your needs I suggest you write to me again about this well after FS2004 release time, say August/September, and I'll see if I can add such a facility. It doesn't look to be very much work.

Regards,

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...