The simFlight Network Forums

Offset 030C and FSX

One of our FSX beta testers was testing out our ACARS package with FSX, and indicates that it works great except for one little thing; Offset 030C (the touchdown rate offset) appears to read zero. I can't verify the report, but I figured I'd pass it along for whatever it's worth.

Cheers!

Luke

Offset 030C (the touchdown rate offset) appears to read zero. I can't verify the report, but I figured I'd pass it along for whatever it's worth.

Thanks. I'll check it here. I'm gradually working through the offsets but it's a long job. I was hoping for lots of feedback, but there's been very little -- that's either a good thing (most are okay) or bad (no one's looking!).

Regards,

Pete

I was hoping for lots of feedback, but there's been very little -- that's either a good thing (most are okay) or bad (no one's looking!).

Probably good - our ACARS package deals with a number of different parameters and that seems to be the only one that doesn't work!

Thanks again Pete.

Cheers!

Luke

• 1 month later...

Hi Pete,

do you have any news on this 030C offset? I am also programming a little acars tool and so far only this value isn't working.

Thanks for your FSUIPC 4,

Markus

p.s.: I have been very surprised when i saw my program is working in fsx too :D

do you have any news on this 030C offset? I am also programming a little acars tool and so far only this value isn't working.

ErI did check it and forgot which thread it was to report back in.

I never got it to go wrong here -- the code is very simple, it just makes a direct copy of 02C8 except when the on-ground flag is set. There's really nothing in it to go wrong. Have you checked it with FSInterrogate, or only your program?

Please use the Monitoring facilities (logging tab, right-hand side) to monitor 02C8 and 030C both as S32 types and 0366 as U16. You can see them on screen with the "FS display" or "AdvDisplay" option, and put them in the Log for me with the Log option.

Regards

Pete

Ok, in FSX it's working, let's see fs9 ...

Perhaps my old version 3.5 is causing the problem? Ok, i just saw it must have been a bug in v3.5 of your Fsuipc (there it is not working). With the newest one it is working perfectly. :oops:

I just asked because some people who use my program discoverd that "bug" - and I couldn't find any error in there.

Best regards and thanks for the fast response

Markus

Perhaps my old version 3.5 is causing the problem? Ok, i just saw it must have been a bug in v3.5 of your Fsuipc (there it is not working). With the newest one it is working perfectly. :oops:

The value in offset 030C wasn't added till version 3.53, in January this year, in response to a request. It isn't an FS value, but one provided by FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete