The simFlight Network Forums

CH Yoke and Rudder assignment

I fly PMDG 737 and 747 and would like my CH Yoke (x axis) to control steering whilst on the ground and spoilers whilst in the air.

This used to work before I had to do a re-installation (I never configured that way so don't know how) but now it doesn't.

Would my registered version of FSUIPC help or do I do something in FS9 assignments or is it a PMDG issue?

I am techinically challenged so any advice would be appreciated.

Renzo

I fly PMDG 737 and 747 and would like my CH Yoke (x axis) to control steering whilst on the ground and spoilers whilst in the air.

This used to work before I had to do a re-installation (I never configured that way so don't know how) but now it doesn't.

Would my registered version of FSUIPC help or do I do something in FS9 assignments or is it a PMDG issue?

Sorry, I've no idea how you managed to do thatFSUIPC has facilities for swapping axis uses according to aircraft name, but nothing checking "on ground" or not. I'm pretty sure PMDG don't support any such facility either, so I'm afraid I just don't know how you did it.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete but I have just found out the answer, 'autorudder' under plane realism in FS9 set-up menu.

Er .. autorudder just means you can "steer" with the ailerons -- it's for folks with no rudder pedals. It provides auto-coordination of aileron and rudder in the air, and operates both steering and ailerons on the ground. It makes your rudder pedals rather redundant, if you have any.

There's no way that will switch a rudder control to a spoiler though! ;-0

Pete

I am techinically challenged so any advice would be appreciated.

Renzo

Hi!

The solution is simple (kind of...). Install the CH manager from CH products, and use the CMS scripting possibilities. (See the http://www.ch-hangar.com for file downloads and scripting help). I dont think there is a parameter though that can autoswitch this option, but you can easily assign a switch that physically switch the aileron axis into the rudder axis.

I use this option with the Majestic Dash 8. Setting the Control lock ON, switches the Nosewheel steering to the aileron axis, leaves my rudder pedal inactive, and also locks the elevator axis in forward position (like it works in the real aircraft)

An other example I just must write is my setup with 2 CH yokes, 2 CH pro pedals and 1 CH throttle Quadrant. I have all connected to one computer, running FS with WideView (panels on 3 LCDs) and outside view on a projector. I have assigned on button on the CH throttle Quadrant to physically switch between the two sets of yoke and pedals. :) All this done within simple scripting in CH manager.

Freddy