The simFlight Network Forums

not sure if this is a fsuipc issue

I am running two computers with a registered version of fsuipc and widefs

I sometimes have a strange thing happen,

" I am running fs on one machine, on the other avs 6 for weather, The program will write to the fs computer and everything work fine when connected,

BUT

when it writes the weather a fs dialogue box comes up that says " fs traffic" and the screen goes black until the weather is writing. I know its not writing traffic , its writing wx from the other machine.

The question is. What setting can i turn off in fsuipc to ensure this does not happen. . I hope I have made the problem clear.

sometimes when it writes weather it does not do this and the ex scroll across the top of the page (it always does this correctly when writing from vatsim)

Peter

when it writes the weather a fs dialogue box comes up that says " fs traffic" and the screen goes black until the weather is writing. I know its not writing traffic , its writing wx from the other machine.

This sounds like a facility in ASV6 to force FS to reload the traffic when the wind is changed, so that they use the correct runways.

I am not *sure* about this, though -- you'll need to check your ASV6 options and/or documentation.

I don't think it should do this whilst you are flying, but it may do whilst setting new weather whilst you are on the ground.

The only other thing which causes traffic to be reloaded is a change of more than a couple of minutes or so in the time. In fact some programs actually change the time in order to force this to happen.

You can also do it manually (as I do after new weather has been set) by assigning a button or key to FSUIPC's "traffic toggle" control.

The question is. What setting can i turn off in fsuipc to ensure this does not happen. . I hope I have made the problem clear.

Nothing in FSUIPC -- take a look at ASV6. If you don't let it force a traffic reload you may have difficulties taking off against AI traffic taking off or landing in the wrong direction realtive to the wind.

Pete

Thank you for the prompt reply

Well, I will check avs, the last thing one needs is a heavily loaded 747 in transition and the screen goes blank as the fs traffic dialog box scrolls.

One other important thing and it might give you a hint, When the screen comes back and the traffic dialog closes the engines ( on auto throttle) will immediatly wind down and then wind back up to resume where they were before the dialog came on.

It sounds crazy, but true!.

Peter

Well, I will check avs, the last thing one needs is a heavily loaded 747 in transition and the screen goes blank as the fs traffic dialog box scrolls.

In transition? The traffic should only be relaoded when you are on the ground. weather at a destination should have been set enough in advance for the traffic to be okay.

You need to check those options badly. Do you have any documentation for ASV6?

One other important thing and it might give you a hint, When the screen comes back and the traffic dialog closes the engines ( on auto throttle) will immediatly wind down and then wind back up to resume where they were before the dialog came on.

No idea what would do that -- except of course the very same sudden wind change ("shear" its called) which is presumably also why the traffic is being reloaded. You should be able to switch off the latter, but the former probably means you have no wind smoothing enabled.

Al this sounds like a badly configured ASV6 setup. I use ASV6 all the time, and even on its default settings it is not doing any of that sort of stuff. Have you been changing things

I notice you did mention VatSim? Are you using two weather sources -- ASV6 and Squawkbox or something? I'm not sure they'l get along, you need to switch the weather off in one of them.

Pete

Hi PK,

On initial startup, you do need to wait until ASv6 is completely done with it's first weather write and AI Refresh. After this, you should never see AI refresh again unless you click on the Refresh AI button. Are you clicking on the Refresh AI button?