The simFlight Network Forums

Crash to desktop

Please excuse me if this is posted in the wrong forum. I would like to enlist your help Pete with the following error message I recieve.

It concerns a CTD and the following information was obtained from an even log. I have no idea what it means but I am hoping you might be able to point me in a direction where I can start to try and resolve it, I am not sure if it is related to your module. I am a registered user of it.

I would really appreciate any suggestions you have about it. This is the error:

" The description for ID (1000) in source (Microsoft Flight 9.0 cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message or dll files to display message from remote computer. You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve this description. The following is part of event fs9.exe 9.0.0.30612 weather.dll 9.1.0.40901.00028166

Paul

It concerns a CTD and the following information was obtained from an even log. I have no idea what it means but I am hoping you might be able to point me in a direction where I can start to try and resolve it, I am not sure if it is related to your module. I am a registered user of it.

Sorry, it means little to me. most crashes in WEATHER.DLL are a result of corrupted WX files in my experience, but they are few and far between these days on FS2004 after the 9.1 update.

One thing that would concern me, though, and may well be a contributory factor:

The following is part of event fs9.exe 9.0.0.30612 weather.dll 9.1.0.40901.00028166

This appears to indicate that you have an original issue 9.0 version FS9.EXE being used with the WEATHER.DLL from the 9.1 update -- you can see this clearly from the version numbers, and of course the dates (30612 = 12 June 2003 compared to 40901 = 1st Sept 2004).

I'm wondering how many other mixes between the two versions you have. I wouldn't trust any of it with such a mixture.

Possibly this happened because you used a No-CD hack for the FS9.EXE which therefore wouldn't be updated by the FS9.1 update?

I think you might wish to consider uninstalling it completely, then installing the original from the CD's, after which applying the complete FS9.1 update. Alternatively, if you check ALL the FS9 DLLs in the Modules folder, and they are all dated 1st Sept 2004 or later, maybe replacing the FS9.0 EXE with the no-CD version of the 9.1 EXE might work. I'm not sure where you'd get it though. Obviously it isn't an officially sanctioned file!

Regards,

Pete