The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 install error

Hello,

I have the Deluxe version of FSX installed, and have the registered version of FSUIPC (fs9) & wideFS.

I just downloaded and "tried" to installthe new fsx FSUIPC4, but get the "your FSX version is not suitable for this installation" error.

Polmer

I just downloaded and "tried" to installthe new fsx FSUIPC4, but get the "your FSX version is not suitable for this installation" error.

Strange. We were told all the shipped versions were the same (excepting of course the additional Deluxe content -- the one I have here is Deluxe too), though different Language versions will have a different language module.

I assume this is with FSUIPC4 version 4.00 Installer? There isn't a message with that exact wording, but two others, one referring to FSX.EXE and the other to SimConnect. I need to know which -- can you give me the actual wording, please?

Can you find your FSX folder, find the FSX.EXE file, right-click it, then select Properties -- Version. The "file Version" near the top should read 10.0.60905.0.

Next, and this is a little trickier. Please go to the main Windows folder in Explorer, and Search for the file called "simconnect.dll". It should be found, once, in a folder with a complex-looking name. Mine is in:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

Can you try to write down where you find yours, please? Then right-click on the simconnect.dll (in that Search window) and do the Properties - Version thing again. It should also show 10.0.60905.0.

Finally, did you by any chance try the FSX Beta release at all before getting the final shipped version? If so, did you completely uninstall the Beta first, before installing the new one? If not then I'm afraid parts of the installation may not be correct. The SimConnect part of the FSX system is rather fussy.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

I have FSX version 10.0.60905.0

The simconnect is found in this folder ; C:\winsxs\X86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_ (long string)

Simconnect version 10.0.60905.0

I also never installed the Beta FSX version. I did run the demo, but since un-installed it.

One thing to note that may or my not be important; When I installed FSX, I had it installed on my D:/ drive, but the installation program did not give it a folder. I had then had to move all of the loose files into a folder I named FSX.

Thanks,

Polmer

"When I installed FSX, I had it installed on my D:/ drive, but the installation program did not give it a folder. I had then had to move all of the loose files into a folder I named FSX."

Ok, this is the heart of the issue.

I moved the FSX.exe out of my FSX folder and placed it where the program was originally installed ( D:\), and then sucessfully installed FSUIPC4.

But I thenhad to move the fsx.exe back into the fsx folder to run the game.

The problem is, when I hit the button, there is no "add on" option and no FSUIPC.

I can see this is heading for a complete re-install of FSX.

Can I re-install fsx without any license issues for microsoft?

Polmer

One thing to note that may or my not be important; When I installed FSX, I had it installed on my D:/ drive, but the installation program did not give it a folder. I had then had to move all of the loose files into a folder I named FSX.

What does "the installation program did not give it a folder" mean? It won't give it a folder if you choose to install FS anywhere but the default. YOU have to choose the folder. If you entred "D:\FSX" it would have made FSX and installed correctly.

As it is now, all your registry entries for FSX will be pointing to D:\ not D:|FSX. You are going to face many problems in the future with add-ons, and I'm not even sure Simconnect will work correctly (so stopping FSUIPC4 dead in its tracks in any case).

Sorry, but I think, before things get out of hand later in your FSX usage, you should uninstall it now and re-install it properly. Even to uninstall it I think you will have to undo what you have done -- in other words, move all of the FSX back to the D:\ root.

With most complex multipart programs these days you cannot simply move programs around, you need to use the installers/uninstallers.

Regards

Pete

"

I can see this is heading for a complete re-install of FSX.

Can I re-install fsx without any license issues for microsoft?

Yes, provided your hardware hasn't changed. I think you are allowed oner severe hardware change in any case.

In the meantime, I have made a more flexible installer, which would get over your current problem -- though I'd still recommend a full re-install as otherwise there will be problems in the future.

Please read the new Announcement above about a revised installer.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

I have now;

1. un-installed FSX

2. Re-installed FSX (pathed correctly this time)

3. Installed FSUIPC4 ( no issues) - Tested and works!

4. Purchased FSUIPC4 & WIDEFS registered version for FSX.

5.Tested FSUIPC4.. no issues.

Thanks for the support once again. It make all the differace, really.

Polmer

Next, and this is a little trickier. Please go to the main Windows folder in Explorer, and Search for the file called "simconnect.dll". It should be found, once, in a folder with a complex-looking name. Mine is in:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

Regards,

Pete

Hi, Pete

I have the same above, and FSUIPC appears at ADD-ONS

I'm having trouble with MakeRwys.

I've offered myself to test FSX with RC. So JD sent me a beta 4.3 (build 3836) and instructed me to place MakeRwys into FSX root - which I did.

Do I have to run it? Because I run it inside FSX root folder and airports and runways were collected.

But when I try to run RC4.3 it simply doesn't work.

Can you help me?

PS: Just bought FSUIPC4 + WIDEFS7 and I'm waiting for my keys

Thanks

Eduardo

I have the same above, and FSUIPC appears at ADD-ONS

So what is the problem?

I'm having trouble with MakeRwys.

I've offered myself to test FSX with RC. So JD sent me a beta 4.3 (build 3836) and instructed me to place MakeRwys into FSX root - which I did.

Do I have to run it?

Of course. Else it will just sit there looking pretty! ;-)

Because I run it inside FSX root folder and airports and runways were collected.

That's what it is for.

But when I try to run RC4.3 it simply doesn't work.

Can you help me?

Sorry, please use RC support for that. You'll need to tell JD a little more than "it simply doesn't work" too. Not sure why you are posting that here anyway -- if you offered to test it for JD, shouldn't you be talking to him?

I've run my old RC4.0 or something on FSX, but I really haven't had time to keep it up to date for weeks, if not months. When I am over this "FSX Release Rush" I wll try to get someone to put all the latest stuff on a DVD so I can get up to date. ;-)

Regards,

Pete

Hi, Pete

Sorry to send you a dumb question. Just to say JD mentioned that when MakeRwys were ready (your work) RC4.3 could be tested. Since I didn't know how it worked and knowing that you were "the father of the child" I went here to ask about some orientation I couldn't find anywhere.

I contacted JD. He sent me another beta version and it worked just fine.

Thanks anyway

Efuardo