The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.01 error message can't install

I ran the exe and got error message"Your FSX installation is not suitable for this version of FSUIPC"I am running FSX Deluxe on D:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X.I have not received email notification of confirmation but I did check order status and it said shipped and there was a key number listed.My new email is Ron@Starvedrockmarina.com.Thank you Ron Powers

I ran the exe and got error message"Your FSX installation is not suitable for this version of FSUIPC"I am running FSX Deluxe on D:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X

Okay. You are the second with such a problem. The first had installed to D:\ then moved the files to D:\FSX. This will cause all sorts of problems later for assorted add-ons, and may actually cause Simconnect (upon which FSUIPC4 depends) to not work correctly in any case.

If you haven't actually moved your FSX files after installation, the more information is needed. First of all, are you using Windows XP, or one of the Windows Vista beta releases?

Then, please find your FSX folder, find the FSX.EXE file, right-click it, then select Properties -- Version. The "file Version" near the top should read 10.0.60905.0.

Next, and this is a little trickier. Please go to the main Windows folder in Explorer, and Search for the file called "simconnect.dll". It should be found, once, in a folder with a complex-looking name. Mine is in:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

Can you try to write down where you find yours, please? Then right-click on the simconnect.dll (in that Search window) and do the Properties - Version thing again. It should also show 10.0.60905.0.

Finally, did you by any chance try the FSX Beta release at all before getting the final shipped version? If so, did you completely uninstall the Beta first, before installing the new one? If not then I'm afraid parts of the installation may not be correct. The SimConnect part of the FSX system is rather fussy.

Regards

Pete

Pete,I ran everything and it is all just like you say it should be. My simconnect.dll is in same folder as yours and versions match up.Regards,Ron

Going back one message, what did you mean by "I tried 4.01 and got the message so I tried the beta"? The Beta of what? FSUIPC4? The one for FSX Beta3?

Did you ever have the FSX Beta3 installed, and if so did you uninstall it before installing the released FSX?

Anyway, it certainly seems that your Registry entries for FSX do not match the actual installation. I don't know how that may have happened, but as far as I can see it is the only explanation.

I've made a special set of changes to my installer to allow it to install FSUIPC4 even to a 'moved' FSX installation. Please see the new Announcement above. You can, by all means, download and try that more flexible installer, but I would be genuinely worried for the future of your FSX installation. Please read the whole announcement.

Regards

Pete

I first tried to run 4.01 and immediately got the message.Then I downloaded the one from your web page "If you can't wait" try this.Got same message.Neither installed.Let me quickly tell you about my install of FSX because I don't think it was quite right although it seems to be working fine.I tried to install direct to my d drive which was newly installed and empty.Got error message saying I could not install to a root directory.Made a folder "Microsoft games and installed to it.All was fine EXCEPT there was no Flight Simulator X folder under my Microsoft Games folder,just all the FSX main folders.So I renamed Microsoft Games to Flight Simulator X.Now that I think about it that would be the same as the root directory,right?SoI may have a bigger problem.What do you suggest?Can I set up a Microsoft Games folder under D and move FSX to it?D:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator?Like I originally wanted to do?Thanks for any help.Will be greatly appreciated.Ron

What do you suggest?

Well, I've made a specially lax FSUIPC4 installer, as I just said. But in my opinion I think you should try your best to get a complete uninstall, then install it properly. Otherwise I think you'll run into more problems in the future.

It is easy to get the FSX installer to install to your chosen disk and folder. Don't just select a driver expecting it to create an "FSX" folder -- YOU need to tell it the name of the folder you want. This is no different to previous versions, nor to most other program installs that I know.

So, uninstall, re-install, tell it D:\FSX, or whatever you want to call it. You don't have to create the folder, it will do that, but you have to tell it the name.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,Thanks for all the help.Uninstalled and reinstalled and FSUIPC4 installed like it is designed to do.Got all my other add ons working.2 hours but could have been a lot worse.Thanks for letting me know that I had a problem.Love your contributions to the FS community.Ron from Ottawa,Ill.