The simFlight Network Forums

When attempt install FSUICP (FSX installation is incorrect)?

Hello Pete,

Can you please help me with the folowing? Whe I try to intall fersion 4.1 (or any version of FSUICP) I get the following error:

"Your FSX installation is incorrect! The version of SimConnect installed does not match FSX.EXE. You may need to execute the SimConnect.msi to rectify this first"

I have my flightsim FX installed on drive :L and the fligthsim boot is on D: and the sytem boot on C: drive. A complex set up with two versions of WindowsXP on the same machine. One specifically for flightsim.

Hope you can help.

Paul

Hi Pete,

Just some additional information to the post above Pate. I have searched rigorously on all drives for the file simconnect.dll but my search, in all folders and files, suggests there is no such file on my computer anywhere.

You have a bad FSX installation then. When FSX installs it puts Simconnect.dll into the Windows "side-by-side" folders, somewhere like:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

That's where it is on my system, anyway.

Without SimConnect installed no add-ons which use it, including FSUIPC4, will be able to connect to FSX. I really don't know how you managed to install FSX without SimConnect also being installed, but you may want to try several things:

1. Use the FSX DVD to attempt to "repair" the installation. i think that a repair option does appear if you move to install again.

2. Completely uninstall it and try again.

3. Report the install problems to tell_fs@microsoft.com so they may fix them in an update.

Let me know how you get on, please.

Regards

Pete