The simFlight Network Forums

COM1 in PFC.dll 1.9.2.0 with FS2004 not available

Good evening Pete!

I've a strange problem with FS2004 and my PFC Throttle Quadrant. I installed FSX in a separate Partition an tested your pfcfsx.dll 3.9.9.1. The Throttle Quadrant is connected to COM1. As I choosed this Port in FSX the Quadrant doesn't worked.

Ok, but as I started FS2004 with pfc.dll 1.9.2.0 I can't choose COM1 because it's missing. I only have COM2,3 and None.

Do you have an idea what happend?

Best regards,

Martin

Yes, that COM1 is already used was my first thought, but WHAT is using COM1? I don't know GPSout. Should this be in the Modules Folder?

Strange ist, that when I start FSX there is COM1 available. Meanwhile in FSX COM1 isn't available too.

Then I deleted the Modules Folder in FSX and the pfc.ini and pfc.log in FS2004, but this as well don't worked.

Can I see somewhere which process is using COM1?

Regards,

Martin

Yes, that COM1 is already used was my first thought, but WHAT is using COM1? I don't know GPSout. Should this be in the Modules Folder?

Not if you are not using it, no. Cross that possibility out.

Can I see somewhere which process is using COM1?

Try "portmon", http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Portmon.html

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete!

Thank you for the Tool. Meanwhile I found the program which was using COM1. ActiveSync was the reason. There is a point where you can sync over the COM1 Port. I can't remember that i activated this, but no I deactivated it and now it works fine.

Best regards,

Martin

Thank you for the Tool. Meanwhile I found the program which was using COM1. ActiveSync was the reason. There is a point where you can sync over the COM1 Port. I can't remember that i activated this, but no I deactivated it and now it works fine.

Ah, right. Glad you found it!

Pete