The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC version 4.1, FSX and PFC Cirrus II problem

Hi Peter / all.

Thanks for the update to your wonderful program Peter.

One problem.

While using FSX with ATC window open, the toggle hat switch ontop of the right hand of the yoke for my PFC CIrrus II yoke, appears to be getting some interfenance form that ATC window.

I use this button to view left or right from within a cockpit, be it 2d or 3d.

It appears to work fine until I open the ATC window.

Then instead of seeing the view left or right I get a contimuis view all around and up and down the cockpit.

I wonder could this be because there are both for example view left snap and view left pan within FSX?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to your reply.

Cheers

Phil

Note: I deleted the duplicated thread to avoid confusion.

While using FSX with ATC window open, the toggle hat switch ontop of the right hand of the yoke for my PFC CIrrus II yoke, appears to be getting some interfenance form that ATC window.

I use this button to view left or right from within a cockpit, be it 2d or 3d.

It appears to work fine until I open the ATC window.

Then instead of seeing the view left or right I get a contimuis view all around and up and down the cockpit.

I wonder could this be because there are both for example view left snap and view left pan within FSX?

I 've never seen a Cirrus II with a hat switch -- my Cirrus is the same as the Jetliner, with two separate rocker switches which I do use for snap views (i.e direct views forward left, forward right, left, right, and all returning to front on release). Can you tell me what FS controls are programmed on your hat?

You can do this easily by enabling Event logging in FSUIPC4's logging options, then using the hat and checking the FSUIPC4.Log file.

You could also see if you get the same effect when using the keyboard. I think the Shift+Arrow keys should give the same results.

I am pretty sure the view controls operate differently in 2D panel mode compared to VC mode -- that was also true in FS9 -- unless you set "pan_in_cockpit_mode=1" in the [Controls] section of the main FS CFG file. Maybe there's a bug in FSX which is changing the way the controls operate when the ATC window is present? Seems a bit odd.

Certainly there's no way either PFCFSX or FSUIPC4 knows that the ATC window is open and they therefore won't be actually changing the way your buttons operate.

If you can confirm now you've programmed this hat (if it isn't the same as my rockers) I'll look here to see if there's any workaround, or whether it needs reporting to MS as a bug.

Regards,

Pete

I been messing about here trying to make FSX behave differently when the ATC window is showing, and I cannot. The view options programmed on my twin rockers are for

VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT

VIEW_LEFT VIEW_RIGHT

in that arrangement, with VIEW_RESET sent on release of each.

This is the same as the default programming of the Shift+NUM keys on the keyboard.

In 2D cockpit mode they do exactly what I want -- an instantaneous view to the direction specified.

In VC mode they pan instead, which I don't like -- but then I don't use VC.

In the PFC driver I provide two different default settings for those rockers. If you go to PFC options, Yoke Buttons page, you'll see 2predefined sets" 1 and 2 selectable. Set 1 uses panning and is better for VC use, set 2 is the set I use which operates as I describe above.

This is pretty much the same as in FSX as it was in my FS2004 PFC.DLL.

Either way, I can get no difference in behaviour just because the ATC window is showing -- logically it wouldn't make any sense for the presence of that window to change the effect of controls, and, indeed, it doesn't do so as far as I have tested (on two separate PCs now).

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete, thansk for reply and my apolgise for duplicate post, I think I meant to post it somewhere else as well.

No Hat switch, yes bad term, that is what CH Yokes have, as you've gathered I meant the rocker switch on the right hand of the cirrus II console yoke. I'll get a log for you and try what you suggest in your second reply and get back to u.

I agree with you, not a fan of VCockpits.

Also not a fan of the higher cockpit in 2d view compared to FS9

Thank goodness you can move the eye point up and down.

Ta

Phil