The simFlight Network Forums

fsx and users widefs and fsuipc

Hi Pete

I'm just a little confused (nothing new there I hear you say) but I'm sure you'll square me away.

My WideFS was purchased in August this year but FSUIPC is a lot older - do I buy an upgrade for WideFS and a new FSUIPC please? My confusion is that the Bundle cost for a new WideFS and FSUIPC would appear to be the same as the method I outlined above, unless I'd qualify for an upgrade for both?

Thanks. There's always one isn't there?

My WideFS was purchased in August this year but FSUIPC is a lot older - do I buy an upgrade for WideFS and a new FSUIPC please? My confusion is that the Bundle cost for a new WideFS and FSUIPC would appear to be the same as the method I outlined above, unless I'd qualify for an upgrade for both?

Good question. I honestly don't know. The arrangements are all done by SimMarket, and the processes are all automated so I don't know what they will accept.

Can you try for the bundle and see if you get the bundle discount? Do this via the WideFS booth so that it has more chance of checking you as a qualifying customer.

Let me know. If it works well and good. If it doesn't you can either go ahead or cancel out, I think, and then if you are unhappy I can write to the manager and ask exactly his intentions for such cases.

To me it would seem reasonable to get a bundle discount as, after all, by buying FSUIPC and WideFS separately you paid full whack for each, but it is possible that the software behind the sales booths don't have such a sophisticated linkage and only see recent FSUIPC or WideFS or Bundle.

Regards

Pete