The simFlight Network Forums

Still Version 4.01??

Pete, your newest advisement says there is a version

4.02, but that's not what is on the download page is it?

No. Actually I did say "is being made available" which means I shipped it off to Mr. Schiratti. I must have missed him. Being Saturday evening I expect he's out. Maybe he'll put it up when he gets back later tonight, or else it'll be tomorrow.

If it isn't up tomorrow morning I'll temporarily put it on the FTP site here.

[LATER]

Ahajust heard from Enrico. He's at an FS conference in Paderborn. He's going to do the business from his hotel room, so you should see it soon. don't froget to refresh toyr web page!

I'm off for the rest of the evening too now. g'night!

Pete

I'm off for the rest of the evening too now. g'night!

Okay, I'm back earlier than I expected.

As it looks like the link from Enrico's hotel room wasn't good enough to complete the upload to the "Dowson" page yet, I've made 4.02 available through a link in the Announcement above. This is temporary until I'm sure the Schiratti link is correctly operational. (A lot of other sites link to there so it is important that it works).

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I downloaded V4.02 via the link in Announcements.

But after install, the .dll is still identified (via properties) as V4.0.1.5.

And has exactly the same size as the testversion you emailed me last Wednesday.

Was that your intention ??

No. sorry. Not sure what happened there. I'll re-check the link and rebuild in needed.

Stand by please!

Pete

No. sorry. Not sure what happened there. I'll re-check the link and rebuild in needed.

Right. I will replace it at some stage, but it is in fact 4.02 -- if you run FSX you'll see it identified correctly in the "About+Register" options page, and also in the Log file. It identifies itself correctly to attaching appliocations too.

It seems, somehow, that the Properties-Version information wasn't updated in the Resources. I don't quite understand why. It's something I'll need to cross-check in future builds. Maybe my VS2005 settings doesn't have all the correct files listed for change-checks.

The coincidence in size isn't surprising. Most compiled modules come out at an even multiple of some value, not sure what. The version 4.015 you had is "almost" 4.02 -- I think the only differences are the additional offsets mentioned in trhe changes.

Thanks for heads up!

Pete