The simFlight Network Forums

Possible FSUIPC 4.02 Issue??

Pete,

Remember in the very early versions of 3.X (or was it late 2.XX series) when aircraft crusing speeds would abruptly change at crusing altitudes? It seemed like an irregularity in air pressure aloft. At any rate, the later versions of 3.X fixed the problem.

Currently, I am using registered 4.02 and it's been fine up until using the new FSX version of Eaglesoft's Beechjet. I was cruising at 19000 between KSEA and KRDM with the new ASV 6.5 version for FSX. Speed was 280 kts. All was well, then suddenly crusing speed spikes to 320 kts and the overspeed horn sounds off. Lasts about 15-20 seconds, then the speed spikes down again to 260-280. This occured about every 2-3 min. during the 45 min. flight.

While this was occurring, I quit ASV entirely and used FSX native weather only, but the problem persisted! Interestingly, I contacted Ron Hamilton of Eaglesoft and reported the problem. They have not seen this problem before on the one hand, but on the other, they say they are also not yet using FSUIPC 4 for FSX at all ! Soooo, I wonder if 4.X of FSUIPC is having some recurrent issue with air pressure aloft or some such. What I am going to do is remove the FSUIPC dll from the modules folder and see if I can stop the problem. Let me know what you think Pete.

Randy Jura, KPDX

I negelected to add that I have flown both a number of default FSX planes without this speed change issue as well as Flight1's Super 80 for over 2 hours with in FSX without the speed change problem. Hence, I'm not sure that it's a generalzed FSUIPC problem or just a strange interaction with the Eaglesoft product, hence I have contacted both you Pete and Eaglesoft. Thanks!

Randy Jura, KPDX

Soooo, I wonder if 4.X of FSUIPC is having some recurrent issue with air pressure aloft or some such. What I am going to do is remove the FSUIPC dll from the modules folder and see if I can stop the problem. Let me know what you think Pete.

Unless you checked the option to interfere with FSX's weather (in the Miscellaneous tab), FSUIPC4 does not touch FSX's weather at all.

I wouldn't recommend enabling that option yet in any case. The Simconnect weather facilities are not working well. I have pointed this out in the important notes in the documentation.

Regards,

Pete