The simFlight Network Forums

FSUPIC FS9

I have started getting a "not registered" for ver 3.70 on my NEW computer.. I now have two networked together..

I did register the fsuipc version for FS2004... I also purchased a version for FSX...

I origionally installed it on my old Dell computer then copiet it to my new computer..

Did I screw up ???

Tried to attach the log and key no luck

Ray Lunning

I have started getting a "not registered" for ver 3.70 on my NEW computer.... I origionally installed it on my old Dell computer then copiet it to my new computer.

You need to re-register on each computer you install it on. There are no restrictions on how many provided they are all for your use. You also would need to re-register if you re-installed Windows.

Regards

Pete

How do I reregister for my new computer... Does that mean a re-purchase of a new registration?? If so then I will repurchase it today...?

Although I think a user should be able to move it up to a new computer without cost.. Just an opinion...

Thanks for the reply... point me in the right direction and I'll reregister...

Thanks so much for your efforts..

Ray Lunning

rlunning@cox.net

How do I reregister for my new computer... Does that mean a re-purchase of a new registration?? If so then I will repurchase it today...? Although I think a user should be able to move it up to a new computer without cost.. Just an opinion...

You do NOT need to re-purchase. Just enter in your e-mail address and registration code in the FSUIPC dialog from the Modules menu in FS9.

Cheers!

Luke

How do I reregister for my new computer... Does that mean a re-purchase of a new registration?

No, it means running FS, going to the FSUIPC options, pressing the "REgister FSUIPC" button, and entering your name, email and Key exactly as you did on the first computer. If you've copied the FSUIPC.KEY file into the new Modules folder you may need first to delete that before running FS.

It does explain these things in the documentation. This is the relevant part:

If you change computers, or reinstall Windows, you will need to re-enter the registration details and these are recorded for you in that KEY file, which you can read in any text editor. You can use the same KEY file in multiple FS installations on the same PC (for instance, in FS2002 and FS2004). After registering in one, simply copy the file across to the other.

Pete