The simFlight Network Forums

Request help to program a button of Joystick

Hello,

I did read several times the FSUIPC for Advanced User BUT I still do not understand "how to" program a button of my Joystick. :oops:

I want to use the button 6 to reverse thrust , I know I have to program : "Idle the throttle, and press F2 several times, or press and hold F2 to use reverse thrust" and also "/" to open speed brakes.

How do I program this in FSUIPC.ini? :?

Thanks in advance.

I want to use the button 6 to reverse thrust , I know I have to program : "Idle the throttle, and press F2 several times, or press and hold F2 to use reverse thrust" and also "/" to open speed brakes.

Really reverse thrust is not an good function for a button. An axis lever for a separate reverser or a reverse zone on the throttle axis is better.

How do I program this in FSUIPC.ini?

For a sequence of keypresses on one button, the way you seem to want it, you'd need to have a series of parameters 1=, 2= etc each with the same joystick and button number but with different key codes, the codes for 0, F2 umpteen times and so on. [speed brakes should have been armed before landing and so deploy automatically in any case]. Key codes are listed in the Advanced User's guide.

If you just want to deploy full reverse with a button you could try simply programming, not in the INI but in FSUIPC Options, a button to send a THROTTLE_SET control with a parameter of -4096. I think that should work -- otherwise you'd need to use THROTTLE1_SET for engine 1, etc (program the one in the options, add the others in the [iNI]).

To use it you'd need to make sure your throttle lever was pulled right back to idle and is stable there -- make sure there's sufficient dead zone to stop any jitter.

Regards

Pete