The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPCRun Options

Hi... I know this isn't your software, Pete, but do you know if there's any way to have more FSUIPC Run options set up so as to open certain programs if I run FS2004 and others if I open FSX? It seems that every time I make the changes it is changed to just that version of FS.

As another option, does Jose Oliveira have a help forum like this?

Thanks,

Richard

Hi... I know this isn't your software, Pete, but do you know if there's any way to have more FSUIPC Run options set up so as to open certain programs if I run FS2004 and others if I open FSX? It seems that every time I make the changes it is changed to just that version of FS.

Ersorry, I'm lost. You want more than 8 (eight) programs started by FSUIPC3 or FSUIPC4, or you are just not clear on what to do?

The facilities for FSUIPC3 or FSUIPC4 to run programs for you when you start FS are set by parameters in the appropriate FSUIPC INI file. The one for FS2004 is called FSUIPC.INI and is in the FS2004 Modules folder. The one for FSX is called FSUIPC4.INI and is in the FSX Modules folder. They are simply text files and can be edited in Notepad or any other text editor.

The instructions for creating the [Programs] section in those files and putting the parameters in for each program you want to run should be clear enough -- there's only one line for each program to be run, after all. How complicated can it be?

Please check the section in the Advanced User's guide entitled

Programs: facilities to load and run additional programs

I'm sure you shouldn't find anything difficult. It's only relegated to the "Advanced Users" documentation as it isn't a commonly used requirement and unnecessaary in the general Users Guide.

Regards

Pete

This...

[Programs]

run1=C:\Download\FSLCD37\Fslcd.exe

run2=C:\Program Files\Keyboard Studio\kbemul.exe

Is the full text of the FSUIPC.INI file, which is in

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules

but when I start FSX, neither of these apps start. Both apps were added to the .INI by Jose's FSUIPC utility "RunOptions.exe", so I know the paths are correct.

Richard

This...
[Programs]

run1=C:\Download\FSLCD37\Fslcd.exe

run2=C:\Program Files\Keyboard Studio\kbemul.exe

Is the full text of the FSUIPC.INI file, which is in

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules

but when I start FSX, neither of these apps start.

There's no "FSUIPC.INI" for FSUIPC4. You need to put those lines in the FSUIPC4.INI file! I already told you all about that in my previous reply!!

The facilities for FSUIPC3 or FSUIPC4 to run programs for you when you start FS are set by parameters in the appropriate FSUIPC INI file. The one for FS2004 is called FSUIPC.INI and is in the FS2004 Modules folder. The one for FSX is called FSUIPC4.INI and is in the FSX Modules folder. They are simply text files and can be edited in Notepad or any other text editor.

Regards

Pete

Duh!!! Sorry...... I was using Jose's "Run Options" program which ships with the FSUIPC SDK, and failed to notice that it was creating a wrongly named .INI file

It doesn't ship with the SDK. I don't remember it ever shipping with the SDK, but if it did it must have been a fair long time ago. Anyway, it was written for FSUIPC, not FSUIPC4, hence the wroong INI. ;-)

Regards

Pete