The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 747 key stroke assignment

Hello Pete,

Merry Christmas to you and thank you for your hard work and immense contribution to our hobby.

I am pretty thick when it comes to computers so forgive me if I sound it also.

I am trying to assign keys to the FD (flight direction switch) and AT (auto throttle switch) in the PMDG 747. I have tried to use FSUICP's assignmet keys function but it doesn't seem to have any effect in the PMDG 747 when i assign a key to the functions mentioned above.

I say i thick with PCs but I didn't realise I was thick! Can you think what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks Pete

Hello Pete,

Merry Christmas to you and thank you for your hard work and immense contribution to our hobby.

Thank you. Happy New Year to you!

I am trying to assign keys to the FD (flight direction switch) and AT (auto throttle switch) in the PMDG 747. I have tried to use FSUICP's assignmet keys function but it doesn't seem to have any effect in the PMDG 747 when i assign a key to the functions mentioned above.

PMDG aircraft tend to do their own thing as far as their autopilots are concerned. If your assignments work with the default aircraft (try the 737) but not in PMDG it will be because those functions are implemented in PMDG's own code, separately and differently to the similarly named facilities built into FS.

Check to see if PMDG have already provided keystrokes for those functions. Otherwise, if they've made them a mouse-only operation, to use the keyboard you would need to use something like Luciano Napolitano's "Key2Mouse" program.

Regards

Pete

Hi guys

What I do for the Level-D 767 and PMDG 747 is map the keys using the PMDG or Level-D key assignment menu

eg Autothrottle on/off mapped to CTRL-Q

In the sim CTRL-Q will then turn the autothrottle on/off

If you need to map it to a button or joystick axis then then go into FSUIPC and map that key config to a button or axis on the controllers

Only slight problem with all these addons is you find controls conflicting with each other so I recommend deleting all the pre-defined keys and remap only those that you will use.

Works everytime for me!

Regards

Graham