The simFlight Network Forums

Aileron/Rudder Trim Set

Hello Pete, I've noticed there are no Aileron Trim Set and Rudder Trim Set functions in the current FSUIPC, whereas Elerator Trim Set is available. Anything special with these 2? Could be useful to cancel Aileron/Rudder trim with a keystroke. Aileron/Rudder Set or Center do not provide it.

Thanks.

I've noticed there are no Aileron Trim Set and Rudder Trim Set functions in the current FSUIPC, whereas Elerator Trim Set is available. Anything special with these 2?

What do you mean by "current" FSUIPC? Where have you ever seen an "Aileron Trim Set" or "Rudder Trim Set"? FS2004 doesn't provide any such controls, only the Left and Right controls.

Pete

I've noticed there are no Aileron Trim Set and Rudder Trim Set functions in the current FSUIPC, whereas Elerator Trim Set is available. Anything special with these 2?

What do you mean by "current" FSUIPC? Where have you ever seen an "Aileron Trim Set" or "Rudder Trim Set"? FS2004 doesn't provide any such controls, only the Left and Right controls.

Pete

I was just pointing to the fact I was using 3.71 version. Had never gone deeper before. So nothing specifically meant and no assumption made on my end. Btw I've never seen Rudder Trim Analogue Axis in FS2004 neither, but that doesn't mean it is not in FSUIPC. :wink:

I've never seen Rudder Trim Analogue Axis in FS2004 neither, but that doesn't mean it is not in FSUIPC. :wink:

FSUIPC's axis and joystick facilities do provide a analogue way of controlling the airleron and rudder trims -- it does this by writing directly into the FS values for these.

If all you want to do with buttons is to zero these values, I think you could do it with the "Offset dword set" controls FSUIPC provides. You'd need to send two such controls for each as the values are actually 64-bit floating point (a Dword is only 32 bits).

Aileron trim offset is 2EB0, so write zero to 2EB0 and 2EB4

Rudder trim offset is 2EC0, so write zero to 2EC0 and 2EC4

To get one button to send two controls (or 4 if you want to do it all with one button), assign one the easy way, in the Buttons options, then edit the FSUIPC.INI file, reproducing the line for the same button, just changing the option (and the entry number). Formats for the parameters in the [buttons] section are given in the Advanced Users guide.

Regards

Pete

Thanks, Pete. Unbelievable what you can do via FSUIPC in MSFS these days. I don't know, I find the interface very convenient, enjoying every moment of the read. Also, time to completely reconfigure my CH, Goflight and Aerosoft MCP. FSX will stay on the shelf for a while though.

Thanks again, and very happy New Year to you, Pete! :D