The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC/WideFS - No Connect to SB3 - No Gauges PMDG737/747

Hallo Peter.

Basis:

2 PC,

PC1 mit Flusi und WideFS-Server,

PC2 mit SB3 und WideFS-Client

FSUIPC 3.71 - Registrierung für FSUIPC und WideFS (auch neueste Version)

--> habe auch nicht versehentlich FSUIPC4 verwendet !!

Folgende Effekte treten auf:

- wenn FSUIPC neu in Modules-Folder und NICHT registriert (Key entfernt)

- PMDG737 kann geladen werden, alle Gauges vorhanden, alles (fast) normal

- logischerweise keine Verbindung zu SB3-Rechner (Registrierung fehlt...)

- Klick im Flusi auf Menü "Module" --> FSUIPC

- Klick auf Button zur Registrierung

- PC "friert" ein - via Taskmanager zurück zum Desktop

- beim Versuch Neustart Flusi Fehlermeldung "zu geringer Speicher" - PC-Neustart

wenn ich bei Schritt 2. vorher im Menü "Module" das "ActiGate" deaktiviere

- Registrierung von FSUIPC und WideFS möglich

- Neustart PC

- Flusi startet und WideFS connected korrekt mit PC2

- PMDG737 kann geladen werden,

- ABER ALLE ANZEIGEINSTRUMENTE SIND AUS, Triebwerke laufen, Tastaturbefehle funktionieren nicht mehr (z.B. + ), CHYoke reagiert nicht mehr

- PMDG747 (die auch unter 1. problemlos kommt) meldet einen angeblich alten FSUIPC

4. Die SB3 verweigert das "connecten" mit Hinweis, daß sie einen laufenden Flusi mit aktuellem FSUIPC braucht....(Firewall und VIrenscanner abgeschaltet....), Netzwerk eigentlich ok, ping von beiden Seiten auf die Rechner möglich.

Als Key verwende ich den Code, den ich von Simmarket zu meiner Bestellung 277413 vom 29.9.06 erhalten habe.

PMDGs (737/747) wurde bereits mehrmals de- und wieder neu installiert, immer das Gleiche. Keiner konnte/wollte mir bisher helfen......

Ich bin langsam am verzweifeln - kennt denn niemand so ein seltsames Verhalten?? Wär ja schon schön, wenn ich nach einer kompletten Neuinstallation endlich irgendwann mal wieder online gehen könnte.

Hoffe sehr auf tatkräftige Unterstützung

Martin Ziegler

Freiburg

Is anyone able to translate this for me. I'm afraid I don't understand German.

Well, I'll give it a try.

Hi Peter.

My setup:

2 PC,

PC1 with FS and WideFS-Server,

PC2 with SB3 and WideFS-Client

FSUIPC 3.71 - FSUIPC and WideFS (recent release also) both registered

--> I didn't use FSUIPC4 by accident !!

Problem scenarios:

1. when I make FSUIPC unregistered I can load PMDG737, all gauges work, almost everything is normal but no connection to SB3 of course because the registration is missing

2. If I try to register FSUIPC via the modules menu the computer freezes. When I go back to the desktop via task manager and try to relaunch FS I get an out of memory error and have to reboot.

3. If I try the same as in #2 but first deactivate "Actigate" in the modules menu registering is possible for FSUIPC and WideFS. Then I reboot and launch FS wich correctly connects to the 2nd PC.

I can load PMDG737 but all gauges are off, engines are running, key commands (shift+z for instance) don't work, CH yoke doesn't work.

If I try the PMDG747 (wich works fine in scenario #1) it reports an outdated FSUIPC.

4. SB3 refuses to connect saying it needs a running FS and an up to date FSUIPC. Firewall and antivirus are off, network should be ok, ping is possible in both directions.

I am using the key I got from Simmarket with my order #277413 dated 29.09.06.

I have repeatedly removed and reinstalled the PMDGs (737 and 747) all to no avail.

I am quite desperate now and hope you can help me.

Martin Ziegler

Freiburg

Martin,

Ich hoffe ich greife Petes Antwort nicht zu weit vor, aber ich vermute mal, daß er Logs braucht, um zu erkennen was da abläuft.

Mach also eine (möglichst kurze) FS-Session, reproduziere das Problem und nachdem FS korrekt beendet ist (oder abgestürzt) sichere die Dateien FSUIPC.log und WideFS.log aus dem FS modules-Ordner und das Wideclient.log aus dem Ordner in dem der WideFS-Client installiert ist.

Du kannst den Inhalt einfach hier in ein Post reinkopieren oder sie Zippen und an ein Post anhängen.

Auch Informationen über die Betriebssysteme auf den vernetzten Computern und über Deine FS-Version (9 oder 9.1) wären vermutlich hilfreich.

Pete,

I already told him to produce FSUIPC and WideFS logs and to include information about the operating systems and FS version (9 or 9.1).

HTH,

Frank

@Sorry, Frank - Du warst schneller, war erst fertig als ich Deine mühevolle Arbeit gesehen habe.......

Ich werde die Logs heute abend ziehen und einbringen, aber viel geben die nicht her.

Gibt es sowas für die Squawkbox eigentlich auch, hab da kein Log gesehen....

Equipment:

2 PC,

PC1 (2,8GHz, 2GB RAM) running FS2004 (9.1) and WideFS-Server,

PC2 (1,8GHz, 1,8GB RAM) running SB3 and WideFS-Client

using FSUIPC 3.71 - registrated for FSUIPC and WideFS (auch neueste Version) via simmarket in September 06

--> no doubt - I use the right one for FS2004!!

Notice the following effects

1. Situation

- FSUIPC.DLL new placed within Modules-Folder without Registration-Key (I deleted all FSUIPC-Files included Key - new placed in FSUIPC.DLL only)

- Aircrafts PMDG737-600/700/800/900/747-400 can be loaded and used completely normal, no problems

- BUT: logical: no connection possible to SB3-PC (missing Registr....)

2. now I try to registrate.....

- In FS2004: clicking on Menü "Module" --> FSUIPC "

- Click on Button "Register FSUIPC"

- PC "freezes" - via Task-Manager back to Desktop

- trying to start FS9 again brings an error "not enough Memory"

- PC-new boot

3. Then I deleted the "actiGate" in "modules" (may be from ActiveSky??)

- Registering FSUIPC and WideFS now possible

- New boot PC (advised by FSUIPC-Window)

- FS9 starts - WideFS is connected correcty with PC2 (Client)

- Loading the PMDG737/747-Aircrafts is possible, but....

- no MCP, no gauges, bad colours on OHP, engines running, no keyboard-functions, no reaction of CH-Yoke (flaps f.e.) no +

- trying to load PMDG747 at the same situation (running normal in Point 1 like the others...) occurs an error "...has an old FSUIPC, must be higher then 3.4......)

at the same situation..

4. Squawkbox3 on PC12 (client) does not "connect" to Mulitplayer-Session - Error: " ...need a running FS9 with actual FSUIPC"

Enviroment:

Firewall and Virusscan deactivated...),

Network tested , ping via IP-adresses between both PCs ok

no addon (no active sky on)

For Registration I used the Key I got from Simmarket with my Order 277413 from 9/29/06 .

Attemps: 3-4 times removed and reinstalled PMDGs (737/747) with updates in the way PMDG described, always the same.

Squawkbox installed on both PCs

Tried all FAQs at PMDG-Forums, the problem is described a lot of times, but nowhere a solution (not tried an "costable" update at aerosoft - I don't want to pay 30,00 € to fix a bug....)

I'm very hopeful you know the problem and can give me a help.

Thanks a lot

Martin

Thanks frank! Maybe you could translate back my replies? Thankyou!

2. If I try to register FSUIPC via the modules menu the computer freezes. When I go back to the desktop via task manager and try to relaunch FS I get an out of memory error and have to reboot.

If I try the same as in #2 but first deactivate "Actigate" in the modules menu registering is possible for FSUIPC and WideFS. Then I reboot and launch FS wich correctly connects to the 2nd PC.

Aha! Problems with Actigate have been reported before. I asked the author to look into that. I really have no idea what it is doing, but possibly there is another version available, as I couldn't make it go wrong here. Could you ask via the Actigate support, please?

I can load PMDG737 but all gauges are off, engines are running, key commands (shift+z for instance) don't work, CH yoke doesn't work.

If I try the PMDG747 (wich works fine in scenario #1) it reports an outdated FSUIPC.

4. SB3 refuses to connect saying it needs a running FS and an up to date FSUIPC.

This is a sure indication that either one of the keys is bad, or that, in fact, the version of FSUIPC you are actually using is earlier than 3.53. Please ZIP the FSUIPC.KEY file and I will check them, and double-check that your 3.71 version of FSUIPC has not been overwritten by something you have installed since.

I am using the key I got from Simmarket with my order #277413 dated 29.09.06.

Is that two keys, one for WideFS and FSUIPC? I don't keep records here so this order and date information is no use to me.

I am quite desperate now and hope you can help me.

I need to see the KEY file. But be sure to ZIP the FSUIPC.KEY file, else it won't get through (KEY files look like Registry hacks).

Pete,

I already told him to produce FSUIPC and WideFS logs and to include information about the operating systems and FS version (9 or 9.1).

Thanks!

Best Regards

Pete

Nothing to do for you, Frank - I do myself

Aha! Problems with Actigate have been reported before. I asked the author to look into that. I really have no idea what it is doing, but possibly there is another version available, as I couldn't make it go wrong here. Could you ask via the Actigate support, please?

I have deleted all Actigate Files inside modules - no more interruption during registering. I don't know what it's doing, but I don't care - in the moment not my biggest problem

This is a sure indication that either one of the keys is bad

I got the key in september from simmarket and it worked before with the download I made in september.

Can it be that it corrupts with the newer version and a new key is neccessary??

, or that, in fact, the version of FSUIPC you are actually using is earlier than 3.53.

I can read the version number directly in FSUIPC - it's 3.71

Please ZIP the FSUIPC.KEY file and I will check them,

I'll do so....

Is that two keys, one for WideFS and FSUIPC? I don't keep records here so this order and date information is no use to me.

Yes, there are two keys, one for each programm

I need to see the KEY file. But be sure to ZIP the FSUIPC.KEY file, else it won't get through (KEY files look like Registry hacks).

Thanks a lot for your fast and competent answer....

I'll do all this evening at home.

Greetings from Freiburg / Germany

Martin

I got the key in september from simmarket and it worked before with the download I made in september.

Can it be that it corrupts with the newer version and a new key is neccessary??

No, there's been no change and nothing to corrupt.

, or that, in fact, the version of FSUIPC you are actually using is earlier than 3.53.

I can read the version number directly in FSUIPC - it's 3.71

Please ZIP the FSUIPC.KEY file and I will check them,

I'll do so....

Please include a complete FSUIPC.LOG file as well -- from start to FS closedown.

Regards

Pete

Direct Information is on the way to you.......

Okay. Thank you.

I tested your keys and they are fine. I even registered myself as you with your keys in FS2004, and everything worked okay too.

The only differences, I think, between your setup and mine are:

1. I am using FSUIPC 3.715

2. I am using an English or US version of FS and WinXP.

I can't really see any reason for (2) to have any different effect in this matter, as there are many users with non-English versions of both or either of FS and Windows.

Can you please re-test with FSUIPC 3.715, available in the Downloads announcement above, and let me know? If that still gives a problem I will start asking you to switch on a variety of different special logging options, but this will then take some time. I have no other reports at present like yours.

Regards

Pete

Oh Pete, I'm afraid I am a nuisance to you....but - my desperation grows, I really don't know what else I can do.l

Today, I uninstalled my complete enviroment, all addons, airports, sceneries and the FS9.

I started completely new with the FS9, made the update to 9.1, put the FSUIPC and WideFS in, installed the squawkbox SB3 on the other PC and my FS-PC, installed the PMDG737 in normal CD-Version and ....

...I think you suppose...

I'm sure now its nothing depending on your software, but what else ??

It didn't work with SB3 only on the FS-PC, it doesn't work on 2 PCs, the 737-Gauges are on, when no FSPUIPC-key is activ, but then no connection to PC2, I put the key in again - connection is made - Gauges on the 737 are black.

And the Squawkbox is unable to find the FSUIPC active on my FS...

Although it may be not your part - how can I check how the SB3 tries to make connection to the FSUIPC?

Is there anything with my local network? I deactivated firewall and virusscan, I can make ping between both PCs - what else can I test?

Ok, I stop for today, I'm tired and a little bit frusted -

Thanks if you send me one more idea for testing - its a long way to get online,.....

Good night and hope to hear again from you

Martin

I started completely new with the FS9, made the update to 9.1, put the FSUIPC and WideFS in, installed the squawkbox SB3 on the other PC and my FS-PC, installed the PMDG737 in normal CD-Version and ....

What version of FSUIPC? What version of WideFS? What Windows operating system? Any log files?

It didn't work with SB3 only on the FS-PC, it doesn't work on 2 PCs, the 737-Gauges are on, when no FSPUIPC-key is activ, but then no connection to PC2, I put the key in again - connection is made - Gauges on the 737 are black.

And the Squawkbox is unable to find the FSUIPC active on my FS...

So let me get this right. SB3 has never ever worked whether on the FS PC or on a Client PC, and it doesn't make any difference whether FSUIPC or WideFS is registered? Is this correct?

If so, are you sure that it isn't something more to do with Multiplayer, or some part of SB3 wrong or missing? Why do you think it is the FSUIPC connection in all these circumstances?

Although it may be not your part - how can I check how the SB3 tries to make connection to the FSUIPC?

Run SB3 on the FS PC, beforehand enabling IPC read and write logging in FSUIPC's logging page. Try to do this with no other FSUIPC using add-ons such as PMDG.

Is there anything with my local network?

Since you say it is the same on the FS PC, let's concentrate on that first, worry about WideFS later. Even remove the WideFS key but leave the FSUIPC key in the KEY file.

Pete

Hi Pete - here the latest experiences:

1 PC - HP2,8GHz 2GB

None of scenery or other Addons - FS91 with update

SB3 installed on same PC like FS91

FS started only with FSUIPC.DLL (3,715) unregistered in "Modules"

FS-Menü "Modules" shows "FSUIPC" and "Squawkbox" applications

I start Squawkbox (external) from Startmenü (not from FS)

VATSIM-connection without any problems is ok

I'm online !!

see attachment

closing SB3

Register ONLY FSUIPC in FS91 (not WideFS)

close FS91

Restart PC

Start FS91 (Cessna,Stuttgart)

Menü "Modules" shows "FSUIPC" BUT NO MORE THE "Squawkbox" applications

ErrorMessage:

The SquawkBox module was unable to start because FSUIPC could not be initialized. Ensure FSUIPC is properly installed and restart Flight Simulator to try again

Trying to connect SB3 external (with running FS)

Error-message:

You cannot connect without FlightSimulator running.

Confirm FS is started with a working copy of FSUIPC.DLL

Close SB3

Close FS91

Get the FSUIPC-Logfile (see attachment)

delete keyfile and logfile and inifile of FSUIPC

Start FS91 again

FS started with FSUIPC (3,715) unregistered

Menü "Modules" shows "FSUIPC" and "Squawkbox" applications

Start Squawkbox (external) from Startmenü

VATSIM-connection without any problems is ok

I'm online again!!

and so on and so on......

...and the same with the PMDG-aircrafts

I do no longer think its a problem of my networt, not from addons ....

It must be the key!

What can we do???? PLEASE HELP !

I'll send the attachments on PrivateMail

Martin

very desperated

FS started only with FSUIPC.DLL (3,715) unregistered in "Modules"

... VATSIM-connection without any problems is ok

Register ONLY FSUIPC in FS91 (not WideFS)

ErrorMessage:

The SquawkBox module was unable to start because FSUIPC could not be initialized.

This really does nearly mean the registration is in error, which I don't understand because it is fine here. SOMETHING is mucking up the checking procedures somehow.

I have never met such a problem before. I am really not sure how to proceed at present.

I'll send the attachments on PrivateMail

Okay. I'll look at them next. But I am very worriednothing at all like this has happened before. It is acting as if the key is not valid, but it works fine here. I cannot imagine what is so different there. The same key-checking has been going on now for 3.5 years with no similar problems. It is very strange. I may have to start adding extra logging to see what is going on. It could take some time.

Meanwhile, can you please tell me more about your system -- what Windows version, especially.

Oh, one other thing. You said, earlier:

I got the key in september from simmarket and it worked before with the download I made in september

Can you recall what version it was you had in September? Would it have been 3.70? It would still be a puzzle as the only difference between 3.70 and 3.71 in terms of registrations is that there is no need for Application Registration in 3.71 -- the checks are removed. User registration ihas not changed since 3.01.

Regards

Pete

Okay. The log files confirm that it is definitely the Key which FSUIPC does not like. But I cannot understand why, when the KEY data you sent to me before works fine here, and the Key is okay according to all other checks.

This is a real puzzle. I may have to add more code to log details of what is going on differently in your system to all the others which work fine.

But first, we can try two experiments. First could you again remove the KEY file and register, this time, only WideFS. Do exactly the same tests (don't use WideFS, just run SB3 locally -- if FSUIPC doesn't like the WideFS key either, the problem will remain.

Then I can try sending you a different FSUIPC Key to try.

Even if that worked, which seems a little unlikely as the first works okay here, I'd need to try to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Regards

Pete

So, Pete, here the results of the last tests:

-Removed key and *.ini - File of FSUIPC

-start FS9.1 --> Menue complete (FSUIPC+Squawkbox)

-start SB3 --> connection made - Views and Sound excellent

Now read:

- Click on Menue "Modules-->FSUIPC2

- Only clicking on the button "Register WideFS" and set the cursor in the field "Name"

- Message in SB3: "FS9 connection lost"

- Interrupt Registration

- close Window "FSUIPC"

- start SB3 --> connection was made - all normal

Now, the same and registering only "WideFS"

Close SB3

Close FS9.1

Start up again

FS-Menü "Modules" shows only "FSUIPC" (no SB3)

Start SB3 --> same error-messages as shown yesterday...

Here the logfile

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.715 by Pete Dowson *********

Verifying Certificate for "C:\FS91\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

SUCCESS! Signature verifies okay!

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name="Martin Ziegler"

User Addr="martin.ziegler@email.de"

FSUIPC not user registered

WideFS Key is provided

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

Very, very curios - isn't it?

Martin

-Removed key and *.ini - File of FSUIPC

-start FS9.1 --> Menue complete (FSUIPC+Squawkbox)

-start SB3 --> connection made - Views and Sound excellent

This is as before, not newcorrect?

- Click on Menue "Modules-->FSUIPC2

- Only clicking on the button "Register WideFS" and set the cursor in the field "Name"

- Message in SB3: "FS9 connection lost"

- Interrupt Registration

What was this test for? FSUIPC won't be supporting any requests whilst you are in its menus, so connections will be lost. What are you trying to test here?

Now, the same and registering only "WideFS"

Close SB3

Close FS9.1

Start up again

FS-Menü "Modules" shows only "FSUIPC" (no SB3)

Start SB3 --> same error-messages as shown yesterday...

Here the logfile

Unfortunately the Log file is not complete -- I really need to see the end too, after FS closes. However, I assume it is as before.

I really don't know what is happening on your PCsomething is messing up the Key checking. I have not seen anything like it before at all, in the yearsI've been using Keys. I'm wondering if the registry entries are corrupt, but you say the version you used before 3.71 was okay? Do you still not remember which it was? Could things have been corrupted since then?

I'm afraid I'm out this evening, but I will be thinking of what to do next. Possibly first trying to re-register you with a slighly different name or address first, so that it rebuilds the parts of the registry they uses. To that end could you do this:

1) ZIP up the proper FSUIPC.KEY file, as you started with (I know you included it before, but I've lost it. Sorry).

2) Decide on a different way of setting your name, or a different email address if you have one, or both.

Send these details to me at petedowson@btconnect.com please, not via the PM facility here.

Regards

Pete

Okay. After reviewing all the files you sent by email, the problem of the apparently bad keys comes down to the PC's System Date. You set it back one year to get around a problem in another package (which had presumably expired?). This made both the FSUIPC and WideFS keys look invalid because they were made after the actual "current" date as read from the PC.

Correcting the PC's date rectifies this problem and the Keys will then work fine.

Good flying!

Regards

Pete

Yepp!! Pete, that's it! Thanks a lot.

I changed the date into today and - everythings ok.

The programm I used with the older date is no longer supported, so - though payed and registrated - does not work with the normal date.

But I better let it back - I prefer to be online.

Very professional help - thanks again.

Martin