The simFlight Network Forums

ND Offsets

Can anybody point me in the direction of an offsets list I can use to control the Nav Display and it's various knobs and switches (default A321 and 737-800)

Goflight have released a hardware EFIS that does this so I guess it must be possible but I can't find anything that works in the thousand or so offsets I have in my own keymapper.

Any help appreciated - bear in mind it took me years to stumble over the fact that Kholsman Inc/Dec = alitmeter pressure inc/dec!!!

All the best,

Ian

Can anybody point me in the direction of an offsets list I can use to control the Nav Display and it's various knobs and switches (default A321 and 737-800)

I assume this is with FSX?

Goflight have released a hardware EFIS that does this so I guess it must be possible but I can't find anything that works in the thousand or so offsets I have in my own keymapper.

Most things aren't controlled by "offsets" at all -- they are programmable values, most dating back as far as FS98 and maintained for compatibility over all the FS releases since then.

Most cockpit functions will be controlled by what i call "FS controls" and Microsoft refer to (internally at least) as events.

Any help appreciated - bear in mind it took me years to stumble over the fact that Kholsman Inc/Dec = alitmeter pressure inc/dec!!!

You only had to ask, or better, use FSUIPC event logging and see what control does what. You could do the same here. They must be new controls in FSX as I don't recall any in previous versions for these functions -- those cockpit sporting such knobs were mouse-controlled as far as I recall (or maybe keyboard for add-ons like PMDG aircraft).

There's a list of FSX controls installed in the FSX modules folder for you when you install FSUIPC4. However, I've glanced through that and I don't see anything useful for this.

How do you do it in the FSX cockpit? If you can switch on FSUIPC's event logging and use the relevant keys (or that GoFlight unit) then you should be able to find out.

If you can find the control numbers then they can be written to offset 3110, if your system can only work with offsets. Usually it is easier to program a button, switch or key.

Regards

Pete

I assume this is with FSX?

Most things aren't controlled by "offsets" at all -- offsets are identifiers which represent programmable values, many dating back as far as FS98 and maintained for compatibility over all the FS releases since then.

Most cockpit functions will be controlled by what I call "FS controls" and Microsoft refer to (internally at least) as events.

You only had to ask, or better, use FSUIPC event logging and see what control does what. You could do the same here. They must be new controls in FSX as I don't recall any in previous versions for these functions -- those cockpit sporting such knobs were mouse-controlled as far as I recall (or maybe keyboard for add-ons like PMDG aircraft).

There's a list of FSX controls installed in the FSX modules folder for you when you install FSUIPC4. However, I've glanced through that and I don't see anything useful for this.

How do you do it in the FSX cockpit? If you can switch on FSUIPC's event logging and use the relevant keys (or that GoFlight unit) then you should be able to find out.

If you can find the control numbers then they can be written to offset 3110, if your system can only work with offsets. Usually it is easier to program a button, switch or key.

Regards

Pete