The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC

I am new to this FS and one of the older types so my brightness is a bit dim!!

I recently purchased you product,got my key but can not find any place to register it....it is in my FSX folder....but I guess I can't use the control tweaks till it is registered...L

I recently purchased you product,got my key but can not find any place to register it....it is in my FSX folder...

Er, what, precisely, is in your FSX folder?

but I guess I can't use the control tweaks till it is registered...L

Have you tried following any of the instructions in the documentation? Have you actually looked at the documentation? Have you actually run FSX with FSUIPC4 installed, and looked at the Add-ons menu at all?

If you cannot find the section called "Entering Registration Details" (page 7 in the documentation), how will you manage to find later sections on using these "control tweaks" in any case? I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why you paid for it. Can you say why, what you actually want to do?

Please, do follow the Installation and Registration sections in the user guide, first. When you run FSX and go to the FSUIPC menu entry under Add-Ons it should be obvious .... and there are actually pictures in the user guide to show you things you will see.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete for your reply guess I thought I would have to register it first before getting access....I am pretty close to being 77 ....I bought it because reading the forums it seemed a good idea....maybe I have bitten off more than I can chew!!...but I will do what you suggested anyway,if nothing else it keeps the old brain active..L

Thanks Pete for your reply guess I thought I would have to register it first before getting access.

But if you have installed FSUIPC4, you do have access to the menu, which is where you register. You don't need to be registered to access the menu in order to enter your registration.

All that happens once you've registered, via the menu, and re-started FSX, is that you will find more entries in the menu. Check the pictures in the User Guide. They show the sorts of things you will see in the menu.

Until you actually install FSUIPC4 and run FSX and enter the menu, there is really nothing to be done with FSUIPC4. It runs when FSX runs, not before.

Regards

Pete