The simFlight Network Forums

mcp startup/runready

HI Peter

I'm haveing a strange (to me at least) problem with my PM MCP program. If I launch it from anything other than the actual program icon, it will not fire up the MCP hardware (FDS G1) - if i use run ready, or a shortcut, the program runs, but the mcp hardware remains dead -

and

I've run PMfilecheck and I'm getting this report: it shows me five connections to PCSIX - is this normal? PCSIX runs the PM CDU and has the NetDir - I've been having problems here too, with the MCP hardware freezing up occasionally -

Thanks!

Farrokh

pmFileCheck Build 38

Opening Connections

Local Path: C:\Documents and Settings\farrokh\Desktop\PMFileCheck

Checking Computer and User Name

Local Computer Name: PCONE

Local User Name: farrokh

FSUIPC/WideFS found!

FS Version: FS2004

WideServer Version 6.7

WideClient Version 6.7

Flight Simulator Running

Testing FS Framerate and Data Rate for 8 seconds

FS Framerate Avg / Min / Max: 24.3 / 21.3 / 24.5

Data Rate: 390 Ticks 48.7 data sets / sec

Read attempts: 390 with 48.7 data sets / sec

OK - GC Detected

GC Build 444

OK - FMC Detected (CDU or MCDU)

FMC Build 385

OK - A/P Detected (MCP or FCU)

A/P Build 414

Local DLL Files Found:

pm.dll dated: 11/18/2006 3:38:25 PM

Checking FS Path

OK - Reported FS Path \\PCONE\D\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

Trying to access FS Path

OK - Read access to FS Path

OK - Read/Write access to FS Path

OK - Read/Write access to FS Path

Wide Server reports:

68609 Connected to computer "PCFIVE" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=2176) TCP

68906 Connected to computer "PCFOUR" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=2248) TCP

68906 Connected to computer "PCTWO" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=2236) TCP

69859 Connected to computer "PCSIX" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=2260) TCP

69969 Connected to computer "PCTHREE" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=2272) TCP

110125 Connected to computer "PCSEVEN" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=1388) TCP

456109 Connected to computer "PCSIX" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=1404) TCP

647234 Connected to computer "PCSIX" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=960) TCP

2722265 Connected to computer "PCSIX" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=960) TCP

2962672 Connected to computer "PCSIX" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=960) TCP

Looking for NETDIR from CDU

Reported NetDir is: \\pcsix\netdir\

Checking PMNETDIR Path (FMC Generated Path)

Error reading files: 80

No Files found in NetDir

Checking FSPLANS Path (To Load/Save FS Flightplans)

OK - Read/Write access to FSPLANS Shared Folder

8 File(s) found in FSPLANS, last date is 1/20/2007 2:59:09 PM

Closing Everything

1/20/2007 3:45:55 PM

I'm haveing a strange (to me at least) problem with my PM MCP program. If I launch it from anything other than the actual program icon, it will not fire up the MCP hardware (FDS G1) - if i use run ready, or a shortcut, the program runs, but the mcp hardware remains dead -

I think you are asking in the wrong place. I've really got no idea about FDS hardware nor PM's support of it. Have you emailed PM support? I would think that would be your best bet -- or FDS, possibly.

I've run PMfilecheck and I'm getting this report: it shows me five connections to PCSIX - is this normal?

I've no idea -- those aren't necessarily connections, but RE-connections -- i.e. as if the connection has dropped, or timed out, and re-connected. Log files from Enrico's programs aren't really any use to me -- all the information about wideFS will be in the WideClient and WideServer log files. That's what they are for!

I don't see how this is at all related to your MCP hardware problem above, though -- why are they mentioned in the same report?

These connection reports are well spaced in time:

69859 Connected to computer "PCSIX" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=2260) TCP

.... then over 6 minutes later:

456109 Connected to computer "PCSIX" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=1404) TCP

.... then after another 3 minutes or so:

647234 Connected to computer "PCSIX" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=960) TCP

.... then another 35 minutes, just about:

2722265 Connected to computer "PCSIX" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=960) TCP

.... and finally a gap of another 4 minutes:

2962672 Connected to computer "PCSIX" running WideClient version 6.700 (skt=960) TCP

Without any information from the WideFS logs I'm afraid all it looks like is either you closed and restarted that PC's wideclient 5 times, or some other problem is occurring causing timeouts or whatever. The logs should tell you.

Pete