The simFlight Network Forums

Starting Wide Client on Computer Start up

I am attempting to start Wide Client automatically on start up of the computer.

I put the file in the start up menu and it starts but it does not always connect properly to Wide Server.

Is this the correct way to do this? Is there any reasaon it would start but not communicate properly with Wide Server?

I am also starting Wide Client with various Project Magenta software modules. Since they are starting at the same time could this be affecting how Wide Client initially connects to Wide Server?

Your help is appreciated.

Reards,

Matthew

I am attempting to start Wide Client automatically on start up of the computer.

I put the file in the start up menu and it starts but it does not always connect properly to Wide Server.

In my multi-PC cockpit network I have WideClient in the StartUp folder, and it loads and simply waits for FS to start on the Server and then connects. Or, vice versa, if the Server and FS is up and running when the client is switched on.

As far as I know there is no difference at all when you start it

You aren't getting WideClient to run application programs too at that time, are you? If you are there may well be some start-up problem with resources they need so early. Best to use "RunReady" in the INI file instead of "Run" so that the applications don't start till FS is ready and the connection is made.

I am also starting Wide Client with various Project Magenta software modules. Since they are starting at the same time could this be affecting how Wide Client initially connects to Wide Server?

Ah, so you areWell, although it shouldn't affect WideClient directly, it could be getting resource problems at that time. Try changing all the Run parameters to RunReady. And if you are loading multiple applications in the same PC, use the DelayReady to separate their loading by a few seconds each to avoid resource conflicts again.

Regards

Pete