The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with BAV OSP in FSX

This problem has been asked about on the BAV forum and there doesn't appear to be a resolution other than to suggest that FSUIPC may have the answer.

I can happily run the BAV OSP with FS9 - when it starts up the information in the Flight Monitor Window shows [FS2004 FSUIPC3.719].

When I run the OSP in FSX I get the information in the Flight Monitor Window [unknown2 FSUIPC4.07]. Shortly thereafter the message:

"Another Flight Monitoring is already collecting your flight data, aborting" - clicking OK leaves me with a warning message "Unable to load flight plan".

When I first ran FSX in early December the OSP worked fine - the ONLY change I had made was to change my anti-virus software (from AVG to Avast) - so when I reinstalled FSX on my brand new machine I was anxious to try the OSP and FSX in it's 'raw' state - but got the same error message.

I've been told that I had to delete my fsuipc.ini file after updating FSUIPC which I've also done.

So can you tell me if this problem is an OSP one or an FSUIPC one please? I suspect the OSP as afa I know nothing has been done to it to account for FSX, but a lot of people seem to be using it without any problem.

Thanks.

Shortly thereafter the message:

"Another Flight Monitoring is already collecting your flight data, aborting" - clicking OK leaves me with a warning message "Unable to load flight plan".

Those are not messages from anything of mine, and I am afraid I have no idea what they mean. You need to talk to whoever wrote the program you are using to ask them what they actually mean -- in other words, what are they checking and finding wrong?

I've been told that I had to delete my fsuipc.ini file after updating FSUIPC which I've also done.

I don't see any point in that -- all you are doing by deleting that is losing all your settings and making FSDUIPC revert to defaults.

So can you tell me if this problem is an OSP one or an FSUIPC one please? I suspect the OSP as afa I know nothing has been done to it to account for FSX, but a lot of people seem to be using it without any problem.

I'm afraid I don't even know what "OSP" is or stands for at all, and I therefore have no idea what its messages mean. Possibly there's some difference in FSX which it doesn't like or understand, and possibly it is something I should "fix" in FSUIPC4, but without information about the program, whatever it is and whatever it is finding wanting, I cannot really proceed.

If you can find the author and get him to talk to me about it I am sure it could be resolved, but nothing can be done without more information I'm afraid.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete - fyi OSP is Offline Schedules Program - and having seen mention of it before on this forum I rather thought you'd had some dealings with it seeing as how it 'uses' FSUIPC - not to worry - I've chucked the ball back to BA Virtual.

Thanks Pete - fyi OSP is Offline Schedules Program - and having seen mention of it before on this forum

Really? Sorry, not noticed.

I rather thought you'd had some dealings with it seeing as how it 'uses' FSUIPC

The only ones I may have listed are those whose author asks for an Access Key. Checking my list I seem to have nothing with "OSP" in, nor "Offline", but I do have listed these two, from way back in 2003, for BAV:

"bavschedule", BAV Schedules, Ferry van Aesch, UZE6VA62LRZK

"bavschedule_np", BAV Schedules, Ferry van Aesch, 3GRAONR1HVZI

Of course, just because I've been asked for, and provided, an access key (not needed since 3.71) doesn't mean I know anything at all about the program or what it does.

not to worry - I've chucked the ball back to BA Virtual.

Well, rather than simply "chuck it back" I think it would be better to try to encourage whoever has written and knows what OSP is doing to contact me to discuss what it can possibly be doing which is producing the difference in results.

Seeing that it identifies FS2004 correctly ("when it starts up the information in the Flight Monitor Window shows [FS2004 FSUIPC3.719]"), but not FSX ("[unknown2 FSUIPC4.07]"), Maybe it is just something very simply, like it isn't recognising the code for FSX and so gives up with a misleading message.

However, you did also say that "When I first ran FSX in early December the OSP worked fine", so I don't see how that can be it.

You then said: "the ONLY change I had made was to change my anti-virus software (from AVG to Avast)" .... so are you actually sure FSUIPC4 is running? Is there an Add-Ons menu with FSUIPC listed? Have you checked the FSUIPC4.LOG file to see if there's any errors listed?

You also said "I reinstalled FSX on my brand new machine" .. did you also check that FSUIPC4 was actually running okay? Possibly you forgot to turn WinXP's firewall off or at least enable FSX?

I'm not sure how a possible SimConnect block could cause OSP to report that another monitoring service was running (that certainly doesn't seem logical at all), but it probably needs checking, nevertheless.

Regards

Pete

Well - perhaps 'chuck it back' was a bit on the loose side - suffice it to say that I've placed the ball back in their court :)

When you say is FSUIPC running - I have to say yes it is - it is selectable from the Add-ons menu and I was able to register it without a problem. I registered FSX successfully without any issues at all. As I said, when I got my new machine (you may recall we touched on it on the RC5 group) I just installed FSX and the BAV OSP to eliminate any extraneous programs, but still it wouldn't play.

The log file is attached which I believe indicates there's not a problem (I hope).

I appreciate your time, but as you suspect it's something to do with the OSP itself.

Thanks again.

FSUIPC4.zip

Thanks Pete - just by way of an update, I've found that I can make the OSP work together with FSX now by changing when I start it up. I've advised the dep CEO of BAV about this problem and of this thread so now it's up to them. I know I am not the only person with this problem.

Again thanks for your time.