The simFlight Network Forums

Weather settings off and Wideview

I have recently installed FSX, the latest version of Wideview and updated FSUIPC to version 4. In order to use Wideview to update the weather on the clients the "Weather settings off" must be selected in FSUIPC options. However when I open FSUIPC, select this button and then click on OK Wideview will not update the weather on the clients. When I reopen FSUIPC to check on the settings "Default settings" button is selected. I'd appreciate it if anyone can suggest a reason why my selection is not being saved. Thanks.

I have recently installed FSX, the latest version of Wideview and updated FSUIPC to version 4. In order to use Wideview to update the weather on the clients the "Weather settings off" must be selected in FSUIPC options.

Not "selected", but just pressed once to de-select and user options for weather filters -- and only on the Client I should have thought.

However when I open FSUIPC, select this button and then click on OK

You don't "select" a button, you "press" it. When you press the button it will change the weather filter options, if you've set any, there and then. It is not a "setting" at all. You are mixing up ACTIONS caused by BUTTONS with SELECTIONS operated by checkboxes and radio-buttons.

Wideview will not update the weather on the clients. When I reopen FSUIPC to check on the settings "Default settings" button is selected. I'd appreciate it if anyone can suggest a reason why my selection is not being saved. Thanks.

There is no selection being made to be saved. Those are BUTTONS not checkboxes! When you press them it merely selects or deselects assorted options in all the weather Tabs (assuming you have a Registered version -- if not you won't see those Tabs).

The buttons do not show any particular selection, and the only meaning of your statement ""Default settings" button is selected" is that it is the first Windows sees when the dialogue appears, and is the one "pressed" if you use the Space bar (assuming you don't use a mouse). Tab steps to the next element in the dialogue, and so on.

None of this is unique to FSUIPC dialogues, it applies to ALL dialogues, as it is a function of Windows.

In any case, all the "default" and "minimum" weather buttons do is switch some of FSUIPC's weather filters off or on -- as documented. I don't know what source of weather you are using, but if it is FSX's own weather, or downloaded weather, then none of those options have any effect whatsoever, in any case, unless you enable that option in the Miscellaneous tab.

I suspect the only reason WidevieW instructs you to use the "minimum weather" option is for the WidevieW CLIENT(s) only, so that the weather it is trying to copy from the Server PC isn't altered by options in FSUIPC. None of the options in FSUIPC can be responsible for WidevieW failing to copy any weather at all. You'll need to go to WidevieW support for that.

Regards

Pete