The simFlight Network Forums

Modules folder

Hi Pete......I was looking through my windows explorer and noticed that the FS2004 Modules folder contains an out dated FSUIPC.dll as opposed to my Flight Simulator 9 Modules folder which contains the latest version...should this modules folder contain the latest as well or should this folder even exist :?: Thank you Vincent

Hi Pete......I was looking through my windows explorer and noticed that the FS2004 Modules folder contains an out dated FSUIPC.dll as opposed to my Flight Simulator 9 Modules folder which contains the latest version...should this modules folder contain the latest as well or should this folder even exist :?: Thank you Vincent

How come you have an FS2004 folder as well as a Flight Simulator 9 folder? FS2004 *is* FS9!

You only need FSUIPC.DLL in the Modules folder of the Flight simulators you actually use. Check the shortcut you use to run FS -- right-click on it and select Properties. See which copy of FS you are using.

In the Modules folder there should also be an FSUIPC.INI file and an FSUIPC.LOG file (maybe also an FSUIPC.KEY file). See which copy has the most recent date. That will be the Flight Simulator you ran last.

Regards

Pete

I don't know why there is another folder it does not contain everything as the FS9 folder.. :shock: I was doing some house cleaning and noticed it...I am going to dump it into a temp folder and see if there are any ill effects..as for FSUIPC.....current 3.7.3.0 is in FS9 folder....and while on the subject...there is a modules folder in windows explorer not attached to anything...it has numerous non related FS modules dll 's there is one FSUIPC.dll....should this FSUIPC.dll be the current as well or leave it as is?

your help is as always most appreciated....... :oops: Vincent :D

I don't know why there is another folder it does not contain everything as the FS9 folder.. :shock: I was doing some house cleaning and noticed it...I am going to dump it into a temp folder and see if there are any ill effects..as for FSUIPC.....current 3.7.3.0 is in FS9 folder....and while on the subject...there is a modules folder in windows explorer not attached to anything...it has numerous non related FS modules dll 's there is one FSUIPC.dll....should this FSUIPC.dll be the current as well or leave it as is?

The should only be on FS Modules folder, and this should occur in the FS you are using and have installed. Any other such folder, sitting outside of FS, is not going to be used at all, at least not by FS or anything of mine.

Nothing of mine creates such folders or places random copies of FSUIPC.DLL. It sounds very much like you have installed assorted add-ons which do install their own (outdated) copies of FSUIPC, and you have somehow pointed them to the incorrect place for FS.

Regards

Pete