The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.08 Installation Error

Hi PeteD

i installed ver 4.08 today and was informed that the installation was successful. I then opened FSX and it asked me if I wanted to "trust" FSUIPC (or similar), I said "OK" and I then received the following error message

fsx.exe- Application Error

The instruction at "0x20e869fb" referenced memory at 0x0976fbac". The memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate the program.

I clicked OK and then restarted FSX and it started normally and FSUIPC seems to function OK.

Firewall and AV disabled and an email to the AV programmers to see if it is an AV issue.

Any ideas what I have done wrong?

Regards

PeterH[/img]

post-11351-128689508617_thumb.jpg

i installed ver 4.08 today and was informed that the installation was successful. I then opened FSX and it asked me if I wanted to "trust" FSUIPC (or similar), I said "OK" and I then received the following error message

fsx.exe- Application Error

The instruction at "0x20e869fb" referenced memory at 0x0976fbac". The memory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate the program.

I clicked OK and then restarted FSX and it started normally and FSUIPC seems to function OK.

That error in within FSX's WEATHER.DLL.

This cannot be related to FSUIPC4 directly. It may be that, during initialisation FSX downloaded real weather which was corrupted, or possibly the weather saved in one of your Flights (the WX files) is corrupt.

However, also check that you have not enabled the option in FSUIPC4 to affect FSX's own weather (it is on the Miscellaneous option tab), as this can rarely lead to a similar crash -- one which Microsoft is aware of and which will hopefully be fixed in the upcoming SP1 uipdate.

Any ideas what I have done wrong?

Unless it happens again I wouldn't worry about itjust be sure to update your FSX when the Microsoft update becomes available. If it does occur again and become more consistent, you may need to look deleting some of your saved flight or weather files -- possibly change the default one. As a last resort, deleting all saved FLT and WX files and the FS9.CFG file so it builds a new one may solve it.

Regards

Pete