The simFlight Network Forums

Can't Delete FS9 Axis Assignments

I know this has nothing to do with FSUIP, but I thought maybe Pete or someone would be able to shed some light on this problem.

I have CH pedals and have RUDDER and LEFT/RIGHT BRAKE assigned through FSUIP. I remove the assignments in FS9 controls, but everytime I reload FS9 the assignments are back. I removed the assignments on my yoke, and throttle assignments, and they stay eliminated. I have even tried directly editing fs9.cfg but they still get reassigned on the next reload.

Jim M

Jim,

when editing the cfg file have you tried putting Locked=1 into the section that corresponds to the rudders?

If I'm not mistaken the standard assignments for joysticks are read from the file devices.cfg in the FS folder. Moving that to somewhere else might also help. I have mine removed completely. It does no harm and you can still assign things in FS.

Regards,

Frank

I have CH pedals and have RUDDER and LEFT/RIGHT BRAKE assigned through FSUIP. I remove the assignments in FS9 controls, but everytime I reload FS9 the assignments are back. I removed the assignments on my yoke, and throttle assignments, and they stay eliminated. I have even tried directly editing fs9.cfg but they still get reassigned on the next reload.

Strange. I thought FS only did that for NEW controls, ones which appear as freshly connected via Windows. As long as you leave them plugged in and connected I thought they should remain with the settings, or lack of them, you have made. Is this with WinXP? And if so is it up to date (SP2)? I know Win98 and WinMe had some problems with USB devices being reassigned on each re-boot of the PC.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Strange. I thought FS only did that for NEW controls...

no, I had a similar problem. I can't say exactly how it was because it was on erm... Win98 and FS2002 I think and several years have passed since then but as far as I can recall I wanted to use the CH yoke and pedals only for flying and completely disable them in slew mode. Every time I restarted the sim it would reassign them partly (I think one axis and a button or so, not completely). Only putting Locked=1 in helped.

Regards,

Frank

Hi guys... I'm on XP SP2 and everything is up to date. I leave all USB devices connected and seldom have to reboot, but it doesn't matter if I reboot or not. I see the assignments in FS9.cfg after I have removed them, then a reload, so I can only presume some other file is loading them in the cfg during reload. Actually, I didn't check the cfg after closing FS9, so it could be getting wrote during shutdown. I'll check.

There must be something to the assignment being stored in another place since I loaded a default Cessna this morning and I had a multitude of various buttons and axis assigned on the four control devices I have attached. Everything is stable in good old FSUIP.