The simFlight Network Forums

PFC Control Problem

Just set up my Cirrus Yoke, Rudder, and Throttle Quadrant on COM1 of my windows xp pro machine and for some reason I can't get them to work with FSX.....I have downloaded and registered FSUIPC 4 and have the addons menu but FSX seems to only recognize the key board and not the Cirrus controls? I'm new to this and would assume this is an easy fix but it's stumped me for now?

Any Help??

Hi,

this may seem a dumb question but: have you installed PFC.DLL as well? It's the driver needed to operate the throttle quadrant.

You find the latest version on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html.

Are the yoke and rudder USB or do they connect to the throttle quadrant?

If they are USB they should be recognized by Windows as normal joysticks and you could check that and calibrate them in the windows control panels gamecontroller applet.

If they are plugged into the throttle unit you need PFC.DLL to calibrate and use them.

Regards,

Frank

this may seem a dumb question but: have you installed PFC.DLL as well? It's the driver needed to operate the throttle quadrant.

You find the latest version on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Thanks Frank.

Just for clarification, for FSX it is PFCFSX.DLL, but it is in the same PFCDLL.ZIP package.

Best Regards

Pete