The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Payware

I've been watching (with interest) the various posts regarding the above subject matter and thought it about time I inserted my 2 pence worth.

As a freeware and commercial developer of FS software I whole heartedly support Pete's decision to charge for his work and I doubt any FS commercial developer would feel any different. The very same day I heard of the FSUIPC donation scheme my company coughed up and we have since discussed our future needs and arrangements with Pete for continued use of FSUIPC.

Without this brilliant module I would guess 90% of the current FS addons we all love would not function at all.

As far as us developers are concerned Pete Dowson does a superb job and certainly never ceases to amaze me. He's always been more than helpful in providing those little extras during my projects.

As a user I will also gladly pay for full usage of FSUIPC functionalty, as I personally find it something I would not like to be without!

Pete:

I'd suggest locking down these ever growing threads (and concentrate on FSUIPC/FS2004 :lol: ) because those complaining will eventually discover they have nothing to complain about!

Regards

Pete:

I'd suggest locking down these ever growing threads (and concentrate on FSUIPC/FS2004 :lol: ) because those complaining will eventually discover they have nothing to complain about!

Thanks Dave,

I don't mind the thread continuing whilst there are still misunderstandings, as I'd rather things were clear, and it also helps me make sure that my wording of the formal detailed announcement of prices, methods and so forth, when I get to it, is unambiguous.

Anyway, if I locked that thread folks would start another and maybe not even read what has already been explained, which could be worse!

Thanks again,

Pete