The simFlight Network Forums

Installed fsuipc 4.09 but did not have key.

I installed 4.09 before reading that my FSUIPC3 key is not valid.I go to FSUIPC and it shows ver 4.09 and it does not ask me for a key and it seems to be working.I'm not trying to get around purchasing upgrade,but is it possible that it is working or should I reinstall my last version before I purchase upgrade?Thanks,Ron

I installed 4.09 before reading that my FSUIPC3 key is not valid.I go to FSUIPC and it shows ver 4.09 and it does not ask me for a key and it seems to be working.

All versions of FSUIPC have had registration optional. You just don't get all the user facilties. Please read the User documentation, it does explain what you get and what you don't.

The key is never asked for, you enter one if you purchase one.

Regards

Pete

As a follow up my previous version is 4.0.2.3.If I have valid key for this how do I register Wideserve?Thanks,Ron

A key for FSUIPC4 is valid for all FSUIPC4's, but WideFS needs a separate key. Please check the documentation and visit SimMarket where you'll find a discount if you purchase both together (though it may be too late for that it seems!).

Regards

Pete

Pete,Can you please clarify this?I purchased FSUIPC several years ago when you first went payware.I have been installing all new versions as they have come out.This the first time I have read on your website that the key for FSUIPC3 does not work for ver 4.It shows I am a registered user and gives my email.Am I not getting all the benefits?Or is ver 4 when you started going payware?It seems to give me access to all functions,which it didn't before I registered.Thanks for any info.Ron

Pete,Can you please clarify this?I purchased FSUIPC several years ago when you first went payware.I have been installing all new versions as they have come out.This the first time I have read on your website that the key for FSUIPC3 does not work for ver 4.

FSUIPC4 is not FSUIPC3. The keys sold for FSUIPC3 work on all versions of FSUIPC3. That is one payment for well over three years now of continuous development and support. I had to almost start again for FSUIPC4. Please read your receipts. You purchased a key for FSUIPC3, not 4.

All the documentation, the paybooths, the download site, everything separates these as products.

It shows I am a registered user and gives my email.Am I not getting all the benefits?

What sohws you are registerd, FSUIPC3 or FSUIPC4? If you have and FSUIPC4 key and you registered then you get all the benefits. What is your confusion?

Or is ver 4 when you started going payware?

No, Version 3 was, back when FS2004 was released. Version 4 only came out for FSX last September.

It seems to give me access to all functions,which it didn't before I registered.

Good. So what is your problem?

Regards

Pete