The simFlight Network Forums

Registering FSUIPC Version 4.09

Hi Sorry if this has been answered in another post and if so, would someone kindly direct me to the posts.

I bought Version 4.01 when FSX first came out, am I able to use the registration key I got with it to register the latest version of FSUCIP?

FSUIPC Version 4.01 rego Key October 2006

Latest version I just d/l from site is 4.09

If yes, how do I do it?

As when I run FSX and it does show the module add on for FSUCIPC 4.09, but it tells me it is not registered and I have to exit FSX and log on as an administrator to register it. ( I didn't encounter this problem with Version 4.01)

Well I am logged on as an administator.

I am running Vista 64bit Ultimate

Thanks in advance

Phil

I bought Version 4.01 when FSX first came out, am I able to use the registration key I got with it to register the latest version of FSUCIP?

Yes, your key is for version 4.xx. In fact you are really expected to keep up to date because I can only support the latest version.

FSUIPC Version 4.01 rego Key October 2006

Latest version I just d/l from site is 4.09

If yes, how do I do it?

When you installed 4.09 your existing key (which is retained in the KEY file) should still have been recognised. It will either be in the FSX Modules folder, or in the Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder (the latter for Vista only).

Due to an error, the file in the latter folder may be named FSUIPC.KEY, whilst it should be FSUIPC4.KEY. This will be automatically fixed in Version 4.10, which I will release as soon as the FSX update is available (the current FSUIPC4 will not work correctly with the update).

As when I run FSX and it does show the module add on for FSUCIPC 4.09, but it tells me it is not registered

It sounds like you deleted the KEY file. You never need to delete any FSUIPC files when installing an update.

... and I have to exit FSX and log on as an administrator to register it. ( I didn't encounter this problem with Version 4.01)

Well, it is always necessary on Vista to "Run as administator", as in fact now explained in the documentation -- please see the Installation sections.

Well I am logged on as an administator.

I am running Vista 64bit Ultimate

Unfortunately, being an Administrator still doesn't give you enough privileges. You have to "run as administrator" as well.

Regards

Pete

Hi and thanks for replies.

I am running as an administrator.

Program is showing in FSX as I told Vista to trust it.

So what else do I have to do?

Do I right click FSX icon and slect run as an administrator?

TIA

Phil

Do I right click FSX icon and slect run as an administrator?

To register FSUIPC4, yes. Isn't that what the documentation says? Didn't I say that in this thread? Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Vista seems to have several different levels of "Administrator". Just because you are an Administrator doesn't mean you are an Administrator in all the Administrator senses. Daft, isn't it?

Regards

Pete