The simFlight Network Forums

Help - Lost Axis Assignment & Calibration

Hi Pete,

Sorry to bother you but I'm a bit stumped. Using FSX-SP1 and FSUIPC4 v4.10 & v4.104, I seemed to have lost my axis assignments and calibration inputs to FSUIPC4. In other words, no device or axis numbers ever show up on either the assignments tab or the calibration tab.

This was working up until very recently and SP1 and FSUIPC4 are the only things I can think of that have recently changed. Clean install of FSX prior to SP1, then FSUIPC4/WideServer7 (registered). This is on Vista-Ultimate x86 rig by the way with my account having administrator priviledges and UAC is turned off.

Here is what I do know or have tried so far:

Both FS9 (still installed) and FSX-SP1 have joysticks disabled in FS menu

My CH Yoke, Throttle & Pedals calibrate fine in Windows game controllers

all axis are still seen using FSUIPC3 and FS9 in assisngment and calibration tabs

FSUIPC4 can see the buttons of these CH devices, but not axis

If I temporarily enable joysticks in the FSX menu, then axis movement is seen on aircraft

Have tried newly created FSUIPC4.ini file by renaming my original copy and restarting FSX

Wideserver7 is connecting properly to my wideclient

I'm sure I'm missing something simple that I've probably overlooked. :roll:

As always, I appreciate any thoughts you might have...

AL

Copy of most recent FSCUIPC4 log file follows:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.104 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

Running inside FSX (SimConnect SP1 May07)

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=255

63 System time = 19:53:55

63 FLT UNC path = "\\ALCOMP\C\Users\jordana\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

63 FS UNC path = "\\ALCOMP\I\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1123 LogOptions=00000001

1123 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

4384 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61355.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61242.0)

49374 SimStart Event: Initialising SimConnect data requests

49374 FSUIPC Menu entry added

49406 C:\Users\jordana\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT

49406 I:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\Beech_Baron_58.AIR

49468 SimRead: 0BB6="AILERON POSITION"

FLT64: -6.10388817677e-005

49920 System time = 19:54:45, FSX time = 19:54:00 (23:54Z)

50061 Aircraft="Beech Baron 58 Paint3"

50451 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

102025 System time = 19:55:37, FSX time = 19:54:10 (23:54Z)

102025 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 10 Allocs, 10 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I seemed to have lost my axis assignments and calibration inputs to FSUIPC4. In other words, no device or axis numbers ever show up on either the assignments tab or the calibration tab.

They don't anyway on the calibrations tab.

If I temporarily enable joysticks in the FSX menu, then axis movement is seen on aircraft

What about, then, in the calibration tab?

The axis assignment method used in FSUIPC4 differs in one major respect to that in FSUIPC3 -- FSUIPC4 uses DirectInput, part of DirectX, whereas FSUIPC3 uses the old Windows joystick API throughout.

FSUIPC4 does still use the old joystick API for buttons. Can you assign joystick buttons in FSUIPC4? (not Goflight ones, which are different).

Anyway, since the DirectInput operations into Windows made by FSUIPC4 are independent of FS, it is rather hard to see how installing SP1 has changed anything. Similarly there's been no changes in FSUIPC4 in that area -- I am using direct assignments via FSUIPC4 quite happily.

But then I'm not using Vista Ultimate.

Ah .. but I do have a Vista Home Premium installation of FSX+SP1. I'll just try that ...

[LATER]

No, that was okay too.

It's rather puzzling, but I think the area to look at is more likely to be DirectX than FSX or SimConnect. Let me know some more details (calibration okay if FSX has the assignments, button assignments okay), and I'll see what extra logging we can use to narrow down the problem.

Unfortunately I am away from Thursday for a week, so there may be a delay.

Incidentally, it is not necessary to run as Administrator, or with UAC off, for normal flying. The Run As Administrator bit is only needed for Registration.

Regards

Pete

Darn Pete, don't you ever go to sleep? What is it, 4am over there now? Do you have an alarm or something every time you get a post in this forum? :D I have never, ever not seen you quickly answer a question here. Amazing...

They don't anyway on the calibrations tab.

Obviously, you know what I meant, LOL

Nope, no change; still can't see axis numbers in the assignemnts tab even with FS controls enabled or disabled.

FSUIPC4 does still use the old joystick API for buttons. Can you assign joystick buttons in FSUIPC4?

Yes, button assignments have been working flawlessly in my original, more elaborate ini file. Joystick #'s continue to appear on the buttons tab while I'm troubleshooting with my fairly empty, newly generated ini file.

It's rather puzzling, but I think the area to look at is more likely to be DirectX than FSX or SimConnect.

Makes sense. I redownloaded the latest DirextX redistributable (4/07) and let it update any nesseccary files and rebooted. Dxdiag indicates all devices are nominal and functioning properly but it did not solve the issue unfortunitly.

Incidentally, it is not necessary to run as Administrator, or with UAC off, for normal flying. The Run As Administrator bit is only needed for Registration.

Understood, I just do far too much geeking to constantly be switching permissions and roles.

I'll keep lookin around or make additional logs if it'll help.

BTW, from the previous log above, what does this mean? I don't see anything similar in my FSUIPC3.log file.

Thanks again,

AL

Nope, no change; still can't see axis numbers in the assignemnts tab even with FS controls enabled or disabled.

That wasn't the question. With axes assigned via FS, can you see things change in the Calibrations tab?

BTW, from the previous log above, what does this mean? I don't see anything similar in my FSUIPC3.log file.

FSUIPC3 doesn't run with FSX so it cannot use Simconnect, so it cannot log Simconnect reads.

That line comes about either as a result of a "LogSimC= ..." line in the INI file, or 0BB6 being Monitored on the right-hand side of the Logging options page. There's also a new LogExtras value (1024) which logs Aileron and Elevator offsets, added specifically to track down another user's Helo Trim problem (which turned out to be not a problem).

That will probably disappear next interim update, maybe to be replaced by a similar option to find out why the old joystick interface is working on your system but I can't get anything from DirectInput.

Regards

Pete

That wasn't the question. With axes assigned via FS, can you see things change in the Calibrations tab?

Oh, sorry, I should have read that more carefully. Understand now, I'll have an answer for you the minute I get home.

That will probably disappear next interim update, maybe to be replaced by a similar option to find out why the old joystick interface is working on your system but I can't get anything from DirectInput.

I see, I was just curious having seen the word "Airleron" while having axis issues.

I just arrived at work this morning, so will continue to troubleshoot this as soon as I get home later this afternoon, EST. Meanwhile, I'm sure I'll be burning a few brain cells thinking about this during the day today.

Honestly Pete, Thanks again. I know you're terribly busy these days.

AL

Oh, sorry, I should have read that more carefully. Understand now, I'll have an answer for you the minute I get home.

Hi Pete,

The answer is YES, I can see the numbers move in the Calibration tab when I have Controls enabled on the FS menu. But I still don't understand what this means.

Thanks

AL

The answer is YES, I can see the numbers move in the Calibration tab when I have Controls enabled on the FS menu. But I still don't understand what this means.

It means that the FSUIPC options screens aren't "hung" in the sense that they aren't processing whatever inputs they can read, live. That can arise if the system refuses to provide any timers, for instance, or the message queue becomes full.

It also means that you could do all your calibrating using the older method of assignment in FS and calibrating in FSUIPC, for now anyway.

I now need to know more -- what actual devices you have connected, and a copy of your FSUIPC4.INI file. I probably also need some bits of your Registry (because that's where the Direct Input device identiies are stored). But it is rather complicated to work out exactly what.

Sorry, but it looks like I will have to look at this further when I get back, a week Thursday. There's no way I'm going to be able to analyse my code enough to specify what information is needed in time for your response to do any good.

It would probably be easier (less error prone too) for me to add a load more logging into the appropriate areas of my code to find out why it sees none of your devices.

I've not met this before at all, and I've now tried it on two Vista installations with no problems. I'm wondering if it's to do with ownership. When you installed the devices was it as the same user you use to fly FSX? I probably search the Registry looking only in the current user areas. On my systems there's only ever the one user, who's the Administatrator too. But even then there's an "All Users" section , I see.

Pete

OK, let's wait until you get back. Besides, I want to try something else while you're out of town.

I did a bit more reading today and I discovered that the CH Control Manager v4.2 software and drivers were not ready for Vista and I had them installed up until I started troubleshooting this issue, yesterday afternoon. I really don't need it anyway as I'm not running any customized CH maps for my CH devices.

But, I now think my devices might be mixed up in the registry and I need to get them cleaned out. For that I will visit the CH forums for their assistance. My hope is, I will have a working system by the time you return. If not, I will meet you back here around the 7th of June.

Thanks again, 8)

AL

Hi again,

Well, the guys over at CH believe the Yoke, TQ, and rudder pedal devices are working properly becuase they seem to properly populate the game contolers GUI in the Control panel and they are in the registry in their normal place. Also the fact that both FS9 and FSX see the devices as well.

I have since completely uninstalled all FSX addons, FSX, and FSUIPC4. Rinstalled FSX, SP1, and FSUIPC4 v4.104 and still get the same affect. I can still see buttons in the bottons tab, but not axis in the axis assignments tab. Axis still work if I enable controllers from the FS menu. dxdiag continues to indicate all devices are working properly, including directinput devices.

I am back to the conclusion that it has something to do with the SP1 patch and FSUIPC4. :?

I look forward to further deugging this issue with you upon your return from vacation. I hope you had a good rest because this issue has me perplexed and I am not about to give up.

v/r,

AL

Al

Just to complete the picture I had this happen to me prior to FSX SP1 and the latest FSUIPC 4.104. I found that, with the joystick etc "disabled" in FSX under axis assignment in FSUIPC the rescan button would be "greyed" out and I couldn't assign any axes but I could assign buttons and some keys, and obviously I couldn't calibrate the axes either.

I also had issues with the defualt keyboard settings because I had "disabled" all the game controllers in FSX some of the keyboard settings did not work either (ie those I hadn't assigned in FSUIPC).

I though that it might have been a "SIMCONNECT" issue and was waiting until SP1 to see if this had changed. I went back and re-enabled the game controlers in FSX and lo and behiold I could now use the AXES assignments in FSUIPC once again.

I haven't been back to see if this has changed with SP1 and ver 4.104 of FSUIPC. I have no issues with FS9 where I only use FSUIPC to assign and calibrate.

You are quite right with CHCM if there are no maps loaded then nothing is being sent to FSX.

I must admit I thought that it was an FSX issue, but I haven't seen anything reported

Regards

PeterH

Thank you so much Peter for replying. You're the very first person to indicate similar issues. I am seeing the exact same thing only with SP1 and FSUIPC v4.1+. Yes, I can see axis in FSUIPC if I enable cotrollers within FS, but up until SP1, I always had that unchecked so I didn't have to mess around with conflicting axis assignemsnts within FS. I would just disable all of them with the checkbox. I have an elaborate multi aircraft-specific FSCUIPC ini file which I have used for years, and continue to use in FS9/FSUPIC3 to this day. Again, the fact that I can see buttons in FSUIPC4 indicates that some part of FSUIPC4 is working, so it has to be something with FSUIPC4 axis detection and perhaps simconnect. Maybe by uncheckecking the controllers in FS, it prevents controllers from going out simconnect to FSUIPC, or however it works. I'm sure Pete has that all figured and will try to explain it to me and I probably won't understand the low-level driver stuff, again, :lol:

You did give me temporay fix, at least for the long 4-day holiday weekend (starting today :D ) to just enable and assign some axis within FS and use my existing calibrations within FSUIPC4 until Pete gets back.

Thanks again, I'm sorry, but misery really dooes love company! :twisted:

v/r,

AL

Hi Al

Good to hear from you, I'll try to disable the game controllers in FSX SP1 this weekend and see what happens. One thing I did discover, when I assign axes in FS9 I use the "aircraft specific" and that vey useful setting ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring so that I can assign and calibrate say for one single engine "Cessna" and it applies to all planes with Cessna in the name and so on. Anyway I have found that you can copy these settings ie the "AXES", BUTTONS" and "Joystick Calibration" sections from FSUIPC.ini for a plane in FS9 and just copy it and paste it in the relevant section in FSUIPC.ini file in FSX and it saves heaps of time and works quite well. That way I have the same assignments in either SIM.

I'll be interested to see what PeteD has to say, re our problem.

Regards

PeterH

Yup, I figured out copying aircraft specific sections of the ini file the week FSX came out. Agreed much easier. I have been using aircraft-specific settings for several years now as well. Right now I'm using a very simple ini file for troubleshooting purposes of this issue. Thanks again for checking the issue this weekend. Much appreciated...

Pete,

Was does the following mean regarding this issue? This "side-by-side" error is generated in my Vista Event Log (Application) each time I install FSUIPC4 v1.04. I downloaded and installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft thinking there's an extraneous dependacy, but I still get the side-by-side error.

Log Name: Application

Source: SideBySide

Date: 5/25/2007 6:37:01 AM

Event ID: 33

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: AlComp

Description:

Activation context generation failed for "F:\Install Queue\Pete Dowson - FSUIPC v4.104 Beta\Install FSUIPC4.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61234.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

AlComp

Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61234.0"

F:\Install Queue\Pete Dowson - FSUIPC v4.104 Beta\Install FSUIPC4.exe

Well, I seemed to have fixed my lost axis issues mostly through persaverance, trial-an-error, and reading forums. :D

This thread http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.pvista+axis is what helped me the most.

First, I rolled back (uninstalled SP1) and repair-installed FSX when I noticed I continued to have the same problem. Hmm, I could have sworn I had FSUIPC axis functionality in FSX RTM. It looked identical to what Peter Hayes saw above, with the rescan button greyed-out on the axis tab. At this point, I thought it a good idea to roll-back FSUIPC as well to a known good starting point, or so I thought. The only other FSUIPC version I had was 4.072 which I though I must have been previously using with FSX RTM. I then "properly" uninstalled my CH devices and manually cleaned out the remaining stale CH DirectInput Devices under HKCU. The only two DirectInput devices I now had were for my keyboard and mouse. Good to go I thought. Re-enabled my CH devices and I was shocked to see I still could not get CH devices to show up on the axis tab. For the next six hours I tried everthing under the friggin sun except a complete re-install of Vista-Ultimate which was not going to happen becuase FS9 is still perfect. After coming across the aforemention thread, it was then shocked to see that the axis assignemnts tab was broke up until v4.08 which is the earliest version that worked with Vista (six hours wasted by a version difference of 0.008). Damn if I didn't install 4.104 with my current FSX RTM installation and bam, all CH devices worked on the first try. Instaled SP1 and the axis assigments continue to work like a champ with both SP1 and FSUIPC v4.104.

Also, as mention in Pete's sticky at the top of this forum, do not attempt to delete any simconnect dll or Wxsx folder under Windows in Vista. If you do manage to change the permissions enough on this and the parent folders and get them deleted, then guess what? A repair-install of FSX and or SP1 does not recreate the cat files or folders for the simconnect dll becuase only the "TrustedInstaller" account can put these back and it only does that on a clean install of FSX or SP1. Oh, and I had cleaned out my recycle-bin don't you know! :evil: I did manage to utilize Vista's new revert to older file version function whereby it saves older copies of files, and there I found a copy of each of the simconnect dlls and cat files for the Wxsx folder. Whew, time to fly!.

... as mention in Pete's sticky at the top of this forum, do not attempt to delete any simconnect dll or Wxsx folder under Windows in Vista. If you do manage to change the permissions enough on this and the parent folders and get them deleted, then guess what? A repair-install of FSX and or SP1 does not recreate the cat files or folders for the simconnect dll becuase only the "TrustedInstaller" account can put these back and it only does that on a clean install of FSX or SP1.

Ah! I didn't know that. So, is the only way to "repair" a broken SimConnect on Vista to uninstall and re-install everything?

I think the problem on Vista with that is that uninstalls NEVER remove Side-by-Side installations, so when the re-install occurs it will probably be unable to fix the broken SimConnect!

I think I need some more expert advice so I can change my "FSX Help" text properly.

Regards

Pete

... as mention in Pete's sticky at the top of this forum, do not attempt to delete any simconnect dll or Wxsx folder under Windows in Vista. If you do manage to change the permissions enough on this and the parent folders and get them deleted, then guess what? A repair-install of FSX and or SP1 does not recreate the cat files or folders for the simconnect dll becuase only the "TrustedInstaller" account can put these back and it only does that on a clean install of FSX or SP1.
Ah! I didn't know that. So, is the only way to "repair" a broken SimConnect on Vista to uninstall and re-install everything?

Well hello Pete, welcome back! I trust your daughter got some useful work out of you? :lol: As for repairing simconnect in Vista, I think you are correct. The simconnect.cat, simconnect.manifest, and simconnect folder were owned by "TrustedInstaller" which is non-visable account. To remove these files and folder for both FSX RTM & SP1, I had to change the ownerships to me (admin). Well, when I put these back after fixing the axis issue, with me still as the owner, simconnect was non-functioning. Becuase the TrustedInstaller is not a selectable account to apply to a file or folder, I could not force the owneship back to the way I originally found it. So yes, I think you would have to uninstall and re-install FSX in its entirety. I was reluctant to do this becuase I had just built a new PC and had alreay installed and registered FSX several time in the last few weeks. Vista-U's "save previous versions of files" saved my keaster though.

I think the problem on Vista with that is that uninstalls NEVER remove Side-by-Side installations, so when the re-install occurs it will probably be unable to fix the broken SimConnect!

I'm not exactly sure what the specific circumstances are when v1.04 generates the side-by-side error in Vista's system log, but it seemed to happen every time in installed it. Meaning, it happened with FSX RTM & SP1, and both with and without the simmconnect folder. v4.072 never exibited this error in the system log at anytime.

Glad you're back...

So yes, I think you would have to uninstall and re-install FSX in its entirety.

But under Vista uninstallers are completely unable to uninstall Side-by-Side instrallations. According to Microsoft, once installed they stay installed (unless you get them out manually as you say). They say it doesn't matter becasue new versions don't have to overwrite old ones, they just sit side-by-side. the problem then is if the re-install tries to install the same (broken) one again -- does it succeed? Judging by what happens on XP, no it doesn't.

I'm not exactly sure what the specific circumstances are when v1.04 generates the side-by-side error in Vista's system log

Version 1.04 of what?

but it seemed to happen every time in installed it. Meaning, it happened with FSX RTM & SP1, and both with and without the simmconnect folder. v4.072 never exibited this error in the system log at anytime.

4.072 of FSUIPC? It has nothing to do with any system Log. Sorry, you've lost me now. Were there ever any errors shown in the FSUIPC4 install log? It is at installation time that it checks the installed Simconnect versions, and then again on being loaded -- but I think you said it never got loaded.

That "10.0.61234.0" version of Simconnect mentioned in your earlier message is for SP1 Beta3, the first Beta release needing a change in FSUIPC. FSUIPC4.10 can work with the RTM version of SimConnect, or SP1Beta3, SP1Beta4, as well as SP1 RTM. All this is logged. If the system records an error when the Installer or the DLL itself goes through its Manifest Probe loop to find the versions available, that'll just be for information -- the error is returned and the program thereby knows that version isn't installed.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

This "side-by-side" error is generated in my Vista Event Log (Application) each time I install FSUIPC4 v1.04.

Log Name: Application

Source: SideBySide

Date: 5/25/2007 6:37:01 AM

Event ID: 33

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: AlComp

Description:

Activation context generation failed for "F:\Install Queue\Pete Dowson - FSUIPC v4.104 Beta\Install FSUIPC4.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61234.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application

AlComp

Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61234.0"

Pete, I don't even know what side-by-side is, or means. I am simply reporting an observation that in my MS Windows Vista Event - Application log, that when I run the FSCUIPC v4.104 installer.exe, I notice this error in the Vista "Application" log viewer. I wasn't trying to uninstall anythig at the time. No, I have never see any error indications in the FSUIPC installation log located in the modules folder nor does it appear to be affecting FSCUIP v1.04 performance in any way. I just thought you'd like to know that I see this error when I install FSCUIPC v1.04. You said you had Vista Premium and FSUIPC v1.04 running on box. Look in the Vista Event log viewer under application, do you see this side-by-side error around the time you had installed FSCUIPC v1.04?

Al

I don't even know what side-by-side is, or means.

I don't think you really need to, and I wasn't assuming you did know. However, it is fairly self-explanatory -- a system for having different versions of a Library (as in "DLL") simlutaneously installed and available for use by whosoever wants to use them. This allows folks like the MS FS Team to change SimConnect, or whatever, completely, should they need to, without destroying compatibility with programs written to the older interface.

I am simply reporting an observation that in my MS Windows Vista Event - Application log, that when I run the FSCUIPC v4.104 installer.exe, I notice this error in the Vista "Application" log viewer.

Yes, I assumed you were, and that's why I was trying to explain that if the system is logging this it will only be for information, as it will also be reurning it to FSUIPC's Installer.

I wasn't trying to uninstall anythig at the time.

ErI didn't think you were. How could it refer to my Installer if you were? Sorry, we seem to be talking at 100% cross-purposes.

No, I have never see any error indications in the FSUIPC installation log located in the modules folder

Fine, then. There is no error at all then. So what's the beef here? Does the Install log list the Versions of SimConnect it finds? That's the result of the loop, and that loop is the only time the Beta3 version would be checked for.

I just thought you'd like to know that I see this error when I install FSCUIPC v1.04. You said you had Vista Premium and FSUIPC v1.04 running on box. Look in the Vista Event log viewer under application, do you see this side-by-side error around the time you had installed FSCUIPC v1.04?

I can do so next time I power up the vista PC. Is it something you are concerned about? I'm certainly not sure why it would flag it as an error if the program is catching errors, as it is. Maybe it's a Vista bug.

Regards

Pete

Nope, no concerns here as FSUIPC v4.104 seems to be wokring here so far. Just wanted to bring the application-log to your attention. If I'm not concerned about and you're not too concenred about it then it sounds like it's no big deal.

Again, glad you're back and thanks again for your help with the axis issues. Your support always has been and continues to be top notch.

Nope, no concerns here as FSUIPC v4.104 seems to be wokring here so far. Just wanted to bring the application-log to your attention. If I'm not concerned about and you're not too concenred about it then it sounds like it's no big deal.

It can't be a "big deal" if the Installer said everything was okay, because that means it worked. However, it does seem odd. Certainly there's nothing like that on XP. In my Vista Home Premium I can't find anything either.

Let me check I'm looking in the same place. Computer - Properties - Manage - Event Viewer - Windows Logs - Applications. Right? I have no Install FSUIPC4 errors listed there. I do have SimConnect RTM, Beta4 and SP1 installed, but not Beta3 on that PC, so if it is logging an error because that one is missing it isn't logging it here. Or if it is, it isn't where I'm looking.

Strange. Maybe it's related to some security settings someplace which we have set differently.

Regards

Pete

Correct path for the application log.

Of course with everything else I had fubar'd troublshooting the axis issues over the past week, the error in my Vista applications log could have been somehow a result of that as well. I will check the application log when I get home to see if it happened again when I recently had to reinstall FSUIPC4 v1.04 the other day, after installing HiFiSim's ActiveSkyX utility on a my wideclient; in order to set the simconnect.ini file working for both FSUIPC and ASX.