The simFlight Network Forums

Fuel Tank position

I noticed there are several Fuel items such as Capacity and Level (%) for the several fuel tanks (left:tip,main,aux), right, center1, center2, center.

However FSUIPC seems to be missing some important items such as the Center of Gravity locations of the fuel tanks Sure, that can be read/parsed from the AIRCRAFT.CFG but then that takes away the compatibility thing.

Probably with very good reason. FS exaggerates the effects of off-centre weight distribution so many (most) aftermarket addons `cheat` by placing the tanks closer to the centre line than they might be if one were to calculate the position.

However FSUIPC seems to be missing some important items such as the Center of Gravity locations of the fuel tanks Sure, that can be read/parsed from the AIRCRAFT.CFG but then that takes away the compatibility thing.

No one had ever asked for tis data from FSUIPC before in all its 7 year history, and I've no idea how to find it in FS's innards. The same really goes for most of FS's aircraft design data (whether from the AIRCRAFT.CFG file, or its AIR or MDL files).

The main reason for supplying fuel tank capacity and fuel indications is so that external gauges and fuel displays can be made.

Unless you are trying to replace the actual flight simulation activities of FS I'm not sure why it should be able to supply any aircraft design values in any case. Surely, in that case, you'd need much more data anyway. Can you explain?

Regards

Pete