The simFlight Network Forums

Connecting Fscommander

I have fscommander 8 loaded on vista on a network client and xp on the server. Fsc seems to work ok - I can save a flight plan and send it across to fsx. and fsc has completed the D/B manager. However connection of the GPS gives "unable to connect to Fsx msg#10" The fsx window says connected and the window on the client also says connected. I have a registered version of fsiupc. I have read about a missing .dll file as being a possible cause. Does this have to present in fsc?

One thing I notice is that I am unable to open the client from the server (from the workgroup) it comes up with a password request and my e-mail address as the username. I have no p/w set that opens this, dont know if this can effect connection of widefs.

Also what should the contents of the wide client be? I have the following:

WideClient Application 53KB

WideClient Configuration Sett... 1KB

WideClient Text Document 1KB

WideCLient0 Text Document 1KB

wps.dat DAT File 1KB

I am not sure that I the correct files

Many thanks

I have fscommander 8 loaded on vista on a network client and xp on the server. Fsc seems to work ok - I can save a flight plan and send it across to fsx. and fsc has completed the D/B manager. However connection of the GPS gives "unable to connect to Fsx msg#10" The fsx window says connected and the window on the client also says connected. I have a registered version of fsiupc.

You don't need a registered FSUIPC for WideFS, you need WideFS to be registered. However, if they both say "connected" I assume that is what you mean?

I have read about a missing .dll file as being a possible cause. Does this have to present in fsc?

No idea what is meant by a "missing DLL". Is this for FSC or something you've read to do with WideFS?

One thing I notice is that I am unable to open the client from the server (from the workgroup) it comes up with a password request and my e-mail address as the username.

Sorry, I've no idea what this means. Where are you trying to "open ther client"?

Also what should the contents of the wide client be?

The only part always needed is WideClient.EXE. Run that. It sounds like you are running it in any case if it says "connected", otherwise it couldn't say anything! ;-)

If you want any help with muy programs, I need these things please:

Version numbers: Wideclient and FSUIP4 version numbers.

Log files: Wideclient.Log for the client, WideServer.Log from the FSX Modules folder, and FSUIPC4.Log also from the Server.

From the rest of your message it seems you have Windows hiding the filetypes like "INI", "TXT" and "LOG". The Log files are text files so if you double-click on them you can read them. Do that then copy them here. Or else change your explorer options so you can see files by their names.

Regards

Pete

Ok, this is what I have done today: Whilst looking for the version n0 of wide I found that it was set to run in compatability mode for xp (I've got it on a Vista client) Then went back to the server to check the registration settings and found that they had somehow been knocked off and were showing as unregistered. So I re-entered reg for widefs (only) this time and it all worked! Fsc connects perfectly. this is of course very nice but things that work without knowing why are almost as bad as things that dont work at all so I would very much appreciate any reasons that you can see for this in the following. I only started all this last Friday!

Many Thanks, Tim

Fsuipc v4.10

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.10 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name="TIM LEWIS"

User Addr="tlewis20@tiscali.co.uk"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

FSUIPC4 not user registered

WideFS7 Key is provided

Running inside FSX (SimConnect SP1 May07)

Module base=61000000

DebugStatus=241

94 System time = 11:34:30

94 FLT UNC path = "\\TIMS1\C\Documents and Settings\TIM LEWIS\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

94 FS UNC path = "\\TIMS1\C\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1406 N.B. Axis Intercepts are disabled!

1406 LogOptions=00000001

1422 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

6578 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61355.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61242.0)

98422 SimStart Event: Initialising SimConnect data requests

98422 FSUIPC Menu entry added

98656 C:\Documents and Settings\TIM LEWIS\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT

98656 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR

98765 System time = 11:36:09, FSX time = 11:34:37 (10:34Z)

98781 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

1144890 X:\beck2.PLN

2351469 X:\luton-man.PLN

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 7.09] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 30/05/07, Time 00:46:18.156: Server name is TIMS1

15250 Initialising TCP/IP server

15250 Initialising IPX/SPX server

15266 ServerNode=0.0.5730.793.48438

15281 Initialising UDP/IP server

16078 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs

20953 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=7144) TCP

21172 Connected to computer "TIMSLAPTOP" running WideClient version 6.720 (skt=7144) TCP

2599500 Close signalled to clients

2600609 Closing down now ...

Memory managed: Offset records: 940 alloc, 939 free

Read buffer usage: 1143 alloc, 1143 free, max in session: 1

Write buffer usage: 45778 alloc, 45778 free, max in session: 1

Throughput maximum achieved: 37 frames/sec, 1022 bytes/sec

Throughput average achieved for complete session: 8 frames/sec, 230 bytes/sec

Average receive rate from "TIMSLAPTOP": 0 frames/sec, 18 bytes/sec

********* Log file closed *********

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 7.10] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 31/05/07, Time 11:36:09.468: Server name is TIMS1

15266 Initialising TCP/IP server

15266 Initialising IPX/SPX server

15266 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10047] Address family not supported by protocol family

15266 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

15266 Initialising UDP/IP server

16062 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs

18687 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=6384) TCP

18922 Connected to computer "TIMSLAPTOP" running WideClient version 6.720 (skt=6384) TCP

********* WideClient Log [version 6.72] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 31/05/07, Time 11:21:47.391: Client name is TIMSLAPTOP

1185 Attempting to connect now

2184 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

2184 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

4227 Attempting to connect now

68905 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

876055 Server = TIMS1

876101 Trying TCP/IP host "TIMS1" port 8002 ...

876101Okay, IP Address = 192.168.0.1

876133 Connection made okay!

1383931 New Client Application: "FSC" (Id=5820)

2719830 New Client Application: "FSC" (Id=4176)

this is of course very nice but things that work without knowing why are almost as bad as things that dont work at all so I would very much appreciate any reasons that you can see for this in the following.

What am I supposed to be looking for? What is the problem you need solving please?

Only this is wrong:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.10 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name="TIM LEWIS"

User Addr="tlewis20@tiscali.co.uk"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

FSUIPC4 not user registered

All this shows is that the FSUIPC key in the FSUIPC4.KEY file is not a valid Key for FSUIPC4 with that user name and address.

Not having FSUIPC4 registered won't stop applications working, it will only stop you using the extra user facilities.

Regards

Pete

I was just trying to understand why it had taken me so long! I have registered fsuicp but did not put my reg details in this time - I did not purchase fsuicp at the same time as wide - is it possible that only entering reg for wide this time has removed a problem of conectivity?

I was just trying to understand why it had taken me so long! I have registered fsuicp but did not put my reg details in this time - I did not purchase fsuicp at the same time as wide - is it possible that only entering reg for wide this time has removed a problem of conectivity?

No, not possible except in one circumstance -- a bad key for FSUIPC which looks okay and is accepted, but which is actually made by a pirate key generator. If, when you register FSUIPC again, you get a repeat of the problems, Zip up the FSUIPC.KEY file and send it to me (petedowson@btconnect.com) and I can check that.

Regards

Pete

Just entered reg details for fsuipc as well and all is well. the only thing I can think is that it was caused by setting the wide client to run as xp but on vista machine. Hope this can be of assistance to to others.

:oops: :lol:

Sooo much better than trying to run fsc on maxivista!

Cheers

Tim