The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot read destination airport ID string at Offset 0x6137

While I am not having a problem with other offsets I use, this one is failing:

Offset: 0x6137

Name: FS2004 GPS Destination airport ID

Length: 5 bytes

It simply reads 0x00 both on my app as well as with FSInterrogator

I've never really used any of those offsets, they were documented after being supplied by another user. However, I think you need a flight plan for most of those to work, else it can't know much about where you are going.

Is this after filing a flight plan?

Pete

Yup, flight plan has already been filed. I can see the other data such as ETE, estimated fuel burn, destination airport ID (Prev WP ID when on departure airport).

Departure airport you mean?

Sorry, then. I have no idea. maybe it only gets filled in when it is "current" (i.e. you are dealing with approaches)?

FSUIPC only provides a straight mapping through to the memory area inside FS containing that stuff, as found and identified by another user. I guess he must have seen it there in some circumstance?

Regards

Pete

Nope, I meant that I cannot read the "Destination Airport ID string" that is supposedly directly accessible via the indicated FSUIPC offset.

The departure airport is not directly accessible but I was mentioning how I managed to get such information from FSUIPC provided the aircraft is still in its departure airport.

The destination however, which is accessible via the published offset, returns "" even when a full flight plan has been entered and loaded.

Nope, I meant that I cannot read the "Destination Airport ID string" that is supposedly directly accessible via the indicated FSUIPC offset.

Sorry, you must have made an error then as you clearly said

I can see the other data such as ETE, estimated fuel burn, destination airport ID

And I understood this okay:

The departure airport is not directly accessible but I was mentioning how I managed to get such information from FSUIPC provided the aircraft is still in its departure airport.

You are mixing up a typo correction with a total misunderstanding for some reason.

The destination however, which is accessible via the published offset, returns "" even when a full flight plan has been entered and loaded.

Okay. Sorry then. Evidently the chap who decoded all that got it wrong. I'll delete it, or at least comment it as suspicious ....

... ah, hang on. It is already so marked in my copy of the list. It says "This appears to have been optimistic. I can’t find the destination ID"

Isn't that in your copy?

Regards

Pete

Sorry, typo error what I meant was that I could read (via trick) the departure airport but that the dest. airport which was directly accessible was returning an empty string.

As for the rest of your post, you are right I just looked in the Programmer's guide and it is marked as you wrote. I guess it no longer works in FS2004 which is very sad. The thing is that I have mostly been using the FSInterrogator which is pretty handy (with a few shortcomings) but now as I see it is not totally in-sync with the documentation you provide. I guess the Danish (?) guy has some work to do :)

The thing is that I have mostly been using the FSInterrogator which is pretty handy (with a few shortcomings) but now as I see it is not totally in-sync with the documentation you provide. I guess the Danish (?) guy has some work to do :)

No, the FSUIPC.FSI file is maintained by me as well. It's just that it is not the full documentatin, no where near. Just enough words to get by -- the reference always must be the Programmer's Guide. There's no way all that stuff is ever going to get entered into the FSI file, at least not by me.

Of course you can add your own notes. FSInterrogator wasn't originally going to come with any of that data, just a partial file as an example. It was expected that its users would build up the datas themselves as they got to know different parts. It is all completely user accessible.

Really I cannot think of any reliable way of getting the details of the plan other than reading the Plan file itself. Unfortunately I don't know how to get the plan filename in FS9 or before -- it is already provided in FSX (offset 0130). If the plan is loaded as part of a Flight you can of course read the FLT file and get the plan filename from there.

Regards

Pete