The simFlight Network Forums

is it possible to force FS to (re)load a flight plan

Is it possible that an application, via FSUIPC can force the flight simulator to read a specific flight plan file. That provided one gives the fully qualified name of the .PLN file of course.

I have the SDK (3.7) but can't find anything about the "Controls" mentioned in one of the offsets.

Is it possible that an application, via FSUIPC can force the flight simulator to read a specific flight plan file. That provided one gives the fully qualified name of the .PLN file of course.

I don't know of any way of doing that on FS2004 or before, at least not without loading the Flight which refers to it.

SimConnect does provide such an option, however. So you could do it in FSX from a SimConnect application. I could possibly add a way of accessing this via FSUIPC4, but on the whole I am expecting most new applications for FSX to use SimConnect directly.

Regards

Pete