The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek X52 Buttons 5 and 7 not recognised

I am using FSUIPC version 3.75 and trying to program a button on my Saitek X52 through the 'Buttons and Switches' menu. The only really suitable buttons for R/T (squawkbox via WideFS) are buttons 5 and 7 as identified from the XP control panel, but they are not recocnised by FSUIPC. I can use another button buts its not ideal.

I was under the impression buttons under 30 should be recognised ?

Glen

I am using FSUIPC version 3.75 and trying to program a button on my Saitek X52 through the 'Buttons and Switches' menu. The only really suitable buttons for R/T (squawkbox via WideFS) are buttons 5 and 7 as identified from the XP control panel, but they are not recocnised by FSUIPC. I can use another button buts its not ideal.

I was under the impression buttons under 30 should be recognised ?

DirectInput supports buttons 0-63, but the Windows joystick API which FSUIPC uses only supports 0-31. I don't know why your 5 and 7 aren't seen, though. Surely they wouldn't put them up into the DirectInput 32-63 range?

There are quite a few other threads here about the X52 (try a Search), mainly about one of the axes not being supported. But in all those I've not seen anything about any missing buttons. I did notice someone pointing out that the Saitek numbering is from 1 whilst FSUIPC uses the underlying Windows numbering starting from 0, which would make your 5 and 7 look like 4 and 6.

Anyway, please check it with the attached little "JoyView" program. It too uses the standard Windows joystick API. The buttons won't be numbered, but all shown as one decimal number with a bit for each, so 4 and 6 together would be 16+64 = 80 (0r 0x00000050 in hex mode).

Regards

Pete

joyview.zip